If you’re hungry, crave pizza, have 10 minutes and a tortilla at home, it’s time to make this simple vegetarian tortilla pizza. This simple recipe is healthy, low in calories and will satisfy your pizza cravings!
Easy Tortilla Pizza
I made this recipe a while ago, using one very old tortilla, my last one from the package. But was still so delicious! I didn’t have many ingredients at home, so I used whatever was available:
- tomato paste
- olive oil
- dried basil
- some zucchini ( I had 1/2 a zucchini and didn’t use the whole thing!)
- artichokes (an open jar of artichokes)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- arugula from the garden
You can modify the ingredients any way you want – you can leave out the artichokes, add pesto to the sauce, add Parmesan cheese or make it non-vegetarian if you want – simply play around with the toppings. I also highly recommend adding some fresh basil in the end.
This recipe is super easy to make, but make sure to keep an eye on your oven, because you don’t want to burn the pizza or overcook the tortilla and make it too dry.
To do this, make sure to bake the pizza in the highest part of your oven, so that the cheese can melt, but the tortilla doesn’t get too dry. 3-4 minutes of cooking this way should be perfect.
I also highly recommend sprinkling some extra virgin olive oil and adding some fresh arugula on top at the end – it is very tasty!
This pizza recipe is great for quick lunch or dinner, when you don’t feel like cooking too much or don’t want to get takeout.
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 slices of zucchini
- handful of olives, pitted and chopped
- 2-3 artichoke hearts, canned and chopped
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1 tortilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Take the oven rack out and line it with parchment paper. Place the tortilla on it.
- Place 1 tbsp tomato paste, dry basil, minced garlic and the olive oil in the center of the tortilla and spread them evenly over the entire surface (you're basically making the pizza sauce right on the tortilla).
- Top with the zucchini, olives and artichokes.
- Add mozzarella on top.
- Put the oven rack back in the oven - make sure to put it in the highest part of the oven.
- Bake your pizza for 3-4 minutes - the cheese should have melted, but the tortilla shouldn't be dry.
- Top with fresh arugula and sprinkle some more olive oil (even better garlic olive oil if you have!), slice and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 464Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 44mgSodium 596mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 18g
You Might Also Like:
- 15-Minute Chicken Quesadilla
- 20-Minute Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini
- 20-Minute Garlic, Tomato, Basil Couscous