This is the perfect summer salad recipe! A tomato, arugula and chickpea salad that is full of fresh produce, filling, delicious and the perfect healthy lunch idea. This easy salad recipe is gluten-free and vegan.
Tomato Arugula And Chickpea Salad
Summer is here! And when summer starts the tomatoes appear. So do arugula, cucumbers and other delicious herbs and vegetables. Last week, I decided to ditch the sandwiches I usually have for lunch and make something healthy. A salad filled with fresh produce and canned chickpeas, because who doesn’t have a few cans of chickpeas at home this year.
To my surprise: this meal was ready in less time than my sandwiches and I felt fresh and energized after. It was exactly what I needed and I’ve been making this salad every day now! For lunch, sometimes as a side dish for dinner – it’s super easy and delicious!
Tomato Arugula And Chickpea Salad Ingredients
- Tomatoes – ripe and sweet tomatoes, you can also use cherry tomatoes – that would be about a cup, cup and a half
- Cucumbers – I always make sure I pick firm cucumbers (mine are coming soon, but not ready yet!)
- Chickpeas. You could also use canned white beans or lentils, but I like canned chickpeas in salads, they’re filling and delicious.
- Green onions (very important)
- Fresh arugula. You can also use spinach or other greens if you don’t have or like arugula.
- Olive oil and salt.
How To Make Tomato Arugula Chickpea Salad
The process of making this salad is pretty simple:
- wash and chop all the vegetables
- rinse and drain the chickpeas
- add everything to a large salad bowl and mix with some salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar
Super simple, super easy, quick and delicious! This salad is perfect for a side dish or as the main meal if you’re craving something fresh and filling!
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup chickpeas, canned, rinsed and drained
- a few mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup roasted vegetables (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash all the fresh vegetables, rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Add everything to a large bowl and mix together. Add salt to taste and enjoy immediately!
Optionally you can add roasted vegetables. I had some leftover zucchini and eggplant from the day before, so I threw them in - delicious! However, this salad will be yummy even without the roasted vegetables!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 301Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 0mgSodium 193mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 11gSugar 13gProtein 11g