This is the perfect summer salad recipe! A tomato, arugula and chickpea salad that is full of fresh produce, filling, delicious and the perfect healthy lunch idea. This easy salad recipe is gluten-free and vegan.
Tomato Arugula And Chickpea Salad
Summer is here! And when summer starts the tomatoes appear. So do arugula, cucumbers and other delicious herbs and vegetables. Last week, I decided to ditch the sandwiches I usually have for lunch and make something healthy. A salad filled with fresh produce and canned chickpeas, because who doesn’t have a few cans of chickpeas at home this year.
To my surprise: this meal was ready in less time than my sandwiches and I felt fresh and energized after. It was exactly what I needed and I’ve been making this salad every day now! For lunch, sometimes as a side dish for dinner – it’s super easy and delicious!
Tomato Arugula And Chickpea Salad Ingredients
- Tomatoes – ripe and sweet tomatoes, you can also use cherry tomatoes – that would be about a cup, cup and a half
- Cucumbers – I always make sure I pick firm cucumbers (mine are coming soon, but not ready yet!)
- Chickpeas. You could also use canned white beans or lentils, but I like canned chickpeas in salads, they’re filling and delicious.
- Green onions (very important)
- Fresh arugula. You can also use spinach or other greens if you don’t have or like arugula.
- Olive oil and salt.
How To Make Tomato Arugula Chickpea Salad
The process of making this salad is pretty simple:
- wash and chop all the vegetables
- rinse and drain the chickpeas
- add everything to a large salad bowl and mix with some salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar
Super simple, super easy, quick and delicious! This salad is perfect for a side dish or as the main meal if you’re craving something fresh and filling!
Tomato, Arugula And Chickpea Salad Recipe
Filling and fresh tomato, arugula and chickpea salad recipe to get your vitamins for the day! This healthy salad is great for a side dish or a healthy main course if you're craving something refreshing!
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup chickpeas, canned, rinsed and drained
- a few mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup roasted vegetables (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash all the fresh vegetables, rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Add everything to a large bowl and mix together. Add salt to taste and enjoy immediately!
Optionally you can add roasted vegetables. I had some leftover zucchini and eggplant from the day before, so I threw them in - delicious! However, this salad will be yummy even without the roasted vegetables!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 301Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 0mgSodium 193mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 11gSugar 13gProtein 11g