This healthier Philadelphia no bake cheesecake recipe with easy oat crust, a delicious 3-ingredient cheesecake filling no gelatine or heavy cream comes together in 10 minutes and is pretty amazing.
Cheesecake is definitely my favorite dessert! And a long time ago I taught myself how to make an easy cheesecake without baking, gelatine, eggs or heavy cream. I evolved some more and found out I can make a healthier cheesecake crust without graham crackers, but with oats and cinnamon. And today, I wanted to share this delicious no bake cheesecake recipe that comes with a simple oat crust. I turned this recipe into mini cheesecakes, but you can definitely use this recipe and a smaller springform pan to make one bigger and healthier cheesecake. You only need 6 ingredients. Let’s start with the no bake cheesecake filling.
For the Philadelphia No Bake cheesecake filling
For the Philadelphia filling you’ll need 3 ingredients (that is right, 3!!!!):
- Philadelphia cream cheese (or another brand of cream cheese if you like)
- honey (maple syrup will work as well!)
That is it! You need these ingredients, a fork and a big bowl to turn these ingredients into the most delicious cheesecake filling. Just add everything to a bowl and mix for a while until you get a smooth and tasty mixture.
For The Oat Crust
You can seriously use this oat crust in any no-bake pies or desserts you desire. It’s crunchy, crumbly and delicious. You’ll need 4 ingredients here:
- honey (or maple syrup)
- coconut oil (or butter)
Now, if you don’t have a blender or a food processor I highly recommend melting the coconut oil/butter and using ground oats (you can make these in your coffee grinder). Otherwise, add all the ingredients to a blender or a food processor until you get a crumbly mixture that sticks together.
How To Make These Philadelphia No Bake Mini Cheesecakes
Once you’ve got both the filling and the crust ready, you’ve got 2 options:
- make a one cheesecake or
- make 8 mini cheesecakes.
Either way, you’ll add the crust ingredients first, press them down tightly together until that mixture looks like crust. Add the filling on top and flatten with a silicone spatula or the backside of a spoon can work too.
If you choose to use silicone muffin cups as I did for the mini cheesecakes, I recommend you freeze the cheesecakes for an hour, then take off the liners and store the cheesecakes in the fridge or freeze again.
If you make a bigger cheesecake, use a springform and you might actually find using parchment paper helpful (I usually don’t use it). In that case, leave the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours.
How To Store This No-Bake Cheesecake?
I find it easiest to actually freeze the mini cheesecakes and just let them defrost for 10-15 minutes whenever I crave one. So can you freeze the no bake cheesecake? Definitely yes.
If you keep the cheesecake in the fridge it will be good for 2-3 days.
Philadelphia cheesecake filling
- 10oz / 300g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 tbsp honey (or more to taste!)
- 1 tsp vanilla
Healthy oat crust:
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, (it's a heaping spoon)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- Mix the ingredients for the filling in a bowl with a fork until combined.
- For the crust you can either blend the ingredients or use melted coconut oil (or butter) and ground oats (use your coffee grinder if you don't have a blender) and just mix in another bowl until you get a crumbly, but sticky mixture.
- Spread the ingredients for the crust in a container of your choice. I decided to make mini cheesecakes, so I separated the crust and filled 8 silicone muffin cups with 2 tsp of crust each. Then press the mixture for the crust down and flatten with a spoon.
- Spread the filling on top and flatten with a silicone spatula.
- Freeze for at least one hour and pop the cheesecakes out of the silicone cups then transfer to the fridge (or freeze again*). If you’re making a bigger cheesecake, you can make it in a smaller springform and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
Allow to defrost for 10-15 minutes before eating!
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 198Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 38mgSodium 119mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 4g