You’ll love these amazing parmesan pesto chicken wraps. Ready in 15 minutes, this is such a tasty and easy lunch idea!
- Cooked chicken. You can use boiled or grilled chicken. The chicken needs to be shredded or chopped in smaller pieces and not overly spiced, so that it can combine beautifully with the pesto mixture.
- Green pesto. Look for brands with minimal ingredients! Red pesto will work too, if you prefer (you can skip the tomato paste in that case).
- Parmesan cheese. I know it’s not the best option, but I used the pre-packaged grated Parmesan cheese. That is what I had at the moment, work with whatever you have.
- Some fresh basil
- Olives. This is optional, feel free to leave out if you need to watch your sodium intake or don’t like olives.
- Tomato paste. As I mentioned already you can use red pesto instead or add some blended sundried tomatoes to the mixture. If you decide to use tomato puree, don’t overdo it, you don’t want to make the sauce too liquid (it can make the wraps soggy).
- Garlic (essential!)
- Grilled or roasted zucchini. Chop up 1/2 zucchini and roast quickly with some olive oil on the stove or in the pan if you don’t have grilled zucchini.
- Spinach or arugula. I used spinach, because that’s what I had available. If there was arugula somewhere in my house or garden, you can be sure I’d use lots and lots of that!
- Mozzarella. Last, but not least, some grated mozzarella cheese.
How To Make PARMESAN PESTO Chicken Wraps
Making these chicken pesto wraps is one of the easier things in this word. It happens in three simple steps:
MIX. Mix all of the ingredients for the chicken pesto mixture in a bowl. That would be chicken, pesto, parmesan, tomato paste and garlic. I’m pretty sure you’ll want to eat this all the time.
FILL. Spread the chicken pesto mixture over a tortilla, top with the vegetables, then cheese and wrap like a burrito.
TOAST. Toast the wraps on the stove until both sides are golden brown. Always be sure to flip carefully, you don’t want your wraps to be falling apart.
The last step is to cut in the middle and enjoy! Then maybe, tell me what you think? Let me know if you have any questions, I also love your feedback on Pinterest or use the comment section!
- 2 tbsp parmesan
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken, shredded
- ⅓ cup mozzarella
- ½ cup spinach
- ½ zucchini, grilled
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp olives, pitted, chopped
- 2 tortillas
- Mix the chicken with pesto, parmesan, tomato paste and garlic.
- Add 1/2 in the middle of a tortilla, add the zucchini, olives (optional), spinach, basil and mozzarella cheese.
- Wrap like a burrito and toast in a pan on the stove for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Slice in the middle and enjoy.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 525Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 86mgSodium 749mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 31g
You Might Also Like:
- Spicy Avocado Chicken Wraps
- 15-Minute Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
- 20-Minute Tomato Basil Couscous Recipe