This Parmesan, arugula and asparagus salad is so delicious and perfect for spring! It’s a great easy asparagus salad recipe with Parmesan cheese, arugula and cherry tomatoes that you can have for lunch on its own. You can serve it with some bread or as a side dish with fish or meat, it’s such a refreshing healthy vegetable salad recipe that everyone will love.
You’ll Love This Parmesan Arugula and Asparagus Salad
This arugula and asparagus salad has everything I think it’s pretty pretentious, yet love the taste of! Asparagus, arugula, cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese…It’s refreshing and light, yet flavorful and so satiating. And it’s really easy to make.
The dressing is simple, it’s actually just olive oil. However, I feel like it’s enough to bring all the freshness and flavors from the different vegetables, herbs and the Parmesan together.
You can also add a bit of lemon juice, but I’m not a huge fan of it in this salad. I feel the tomatoes bring just the right amount of acidity and sweetness that this vegetable salad needs. Just like I brought the right amount of pretentiousness to this very paragraph.
Ingredients For The Parmesan Arugula and Asparagus Salad
Sauteed Asparagus. You can saute the asparagus in about 7-8 minutes from start to finish using just 4 ingredients. The recipe is here.
Fresh Vegetables. We’re using arugula, but also cherry tomatoes, radishes, cucumber, onion and fresh basil.
Parmesan cheese. I used shaved Parmesan cheese, grated will work as well. You could also use other types of cheeses, for example, I’d love to try the salad with Pecorino or Manchego cheese (it’s my favorite).
Salad Dressing Ingredients. The usual suspects – just olive oil, salt and pepper…But as I mentioned, feel free to use lemon juice or some vinegar.
How To Make A Salad With Asparagus, Parmesan and Arugula
Making this asparagus salad is pretty easy as you can probably imagine. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Wash and pat dry the fresh produce. Saute the asparagus as shown in this recipe.
- Use the time to also chop everything you’ll need for the salad: cherry tomatoes in halves, basil thinly, radishes thinly, the cucumbers and the onion.
- Add the chopped vegetables, the arugula, asparagus, olive oil, salt and black pepper and Parmesan to a bowl. Toss together to allow the flavors to combine.
What To Serve This Asparagus Salad With
This Parmesan, asparagus and arugula salad is great on its own and you can definitely have it for a light healthy vegetarian lunch that is also low-carb.
If you decide you can also enjoy it with some pesto and crusty bread, or serve it along with meat, fish or seafood.
This vegetarian salad is pretty versatile and allows for many things to be changed. For example, if you don’t like radishes you don’t need to use them. If you’ve got some avocado you’d like to use, you can add it to the salad there.
Or maybe chickpeas? Or quinoa? Cooked pasta? Grilled chicken? Tuna? You can easily make this asparagus salad more filling by adding one of these things.
More Easy Vegetarian Salad Recipes
I hope you enjoy this delicious Parmesan, Arugula and Asparagus salad at lunch or dinner. Make sure to check out these delicious salad recipes as well:
- Easy Mediterranean Black Bean Salad
- 5-Minute Everyday Salad Recipe
- The Best Chickpea Mediterranean Salad
- 1 cup sauteed asparagus
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 tbsp onion, thinly chopped
- 2 tbsp basil, thinly chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup radishes, chopped
- Splash of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Saute the asparagus as shown in this recipe.
- Wash and chop the onion, basil, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and radishes.
- Add arugula, chopped vegetables, sauteed asparagus, salt and black pepper, the Parmesan cheese and a splash of olive oil to a bowl and toss.
- Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 271Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 22mgSodium 770mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 10g