These Mediterranean salmon wraps are easy, quick and so delicious! Filled with salmon, fresh salad and tzatziki this Mediterranean recipe with fish makes the perfect healthy dinner idea that you can even meal prep with few simple adjustments!
A Healthy Salmon Recipe You’ll Love
This is definitely a different spin on salmon and it’s a good one! These healthy salmon wraps are:
- flavorful and tasty
- pretty quick and easy to make
- very healthy and rich in omega 3’s, protein, fiber and antioxidants
- very versatile
- easy to meal prep
What’s Inside These Mediterranean Salmon Wraps
The flavors in these salmon wraps are incredible. You will need:
- Cooked or baked salmon. I kept the flavors simple and only added salt and pepper to my salmon. Then baked it. However, you can definitely make this recipe with any kind of cooked salmon. Even canned might work for a more budget-friendly option, but I haven’t really tried it.
- Tzatziki. Make it yourself using yogurt, garlic, dill, salt and cucumber. It really takes 5 minutes and you can do it while the salmon is baking.
- A fresh vegetable salad. Sometimes I make a salad with cucumbers, avocado, olives, jalapeno, parsley, garlic and lemon…other times with tomatoes, cucumbers, leafy greens and fresh herbs, onion and avocado. It really depends on what you have at home, feel free to make the vegetable salad that you enjoy most.
Wrap all of that in a tortilla or in flatbread and don’t be surprised if you want to eat these every single day.
How To Make Mediterranean Salmon Wraps
Start with the salmon. You can bake it, grill or sear it in a nonstick pan on the stove. I decided to bake it and to chop the salmon filet into bite-sized pieces.Flavored mine pretty simply – with some black pepper, salt and a little bit of lemon juice. However, you might like to add some dried basil or dill and rub in gently some minced garlic. The baking took about 15-20 minutes 350F/180C. Whichever method you decide, cook the salmon until golden brown. Baking did require the least amount of work though.
While the salmon is cooking prepare your vegetables. You need some thinly chopped cucumber and dill for the tzatziki as well as some minced garlic. And for the fresh salad, you can use more roughly chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, diced avocado, olives, herbs, salad greens.
To make the tzatziki, add the yogurt, dill, cucumber, salt and garlic to a small bowl and mix with a fork.
With the salad I have two options that you might like to try. One with avocado, parsley, the cucumbers, olives, jalapeno, lemon juice, garlic, salt and olive oil. And the other option is with salad greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, scallions, fresh mint, olives, arugula and avocado.
Now everything is ready, so that once the salmon is done you can make the wraps in no time. Just fill a tortilla with salmon, some salad and the tzatziki. Wrap and enjoy!
Meal Prep Option
You can even meal prep these Mediterranean wraps! Bake or cook the salmon any way you enjoy it and prepare the tzatziki. Keep both of these in separate containers and store them in the fridge for 3-4 days. As for the fresh vegetables, you can wash and cut some herbs, greens, cucumbers, bell peppers, onions and use whole cherry tomatoes if you’d like to add some. Pat the vegetables dry then add to an airtight container and store in the fridge.
When the time is right and you want to eat – reheat the salmon, warm up your tortillas and fill the wraps with as much of everything as you enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these as much as me and my family do!
You Might Also Like:
- 14oz/400g salmon, in cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 scallions
- 2 1/2 cups salad greens
- 1 cup herbs and arugula, chopped - mint and basil
- Salt, pepper, lemon juice olive oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1-2 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp dill, thinly chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, thinly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 5-6 pitted, chopped olives
- 4 gluten free tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Chop the salmon filets into bite-sized pieces. spread in a single layer over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for an easier clean-up. Drizzle olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper and bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Chop the cucumber and dill for the tzatziki thinly, then mix with garlic, yogurt and salt in a small bowl.
- Chop the salad vegetables. Add all ingredients for the salad into a bowl and toss!
- Place some of the salmon, tzatziki and salad onto a tortilla, sprinkle chopped olives and wrap.
- Enjoy immediately.
*To meal prep this recipe, you can make the tzatziki and salmon ahead (they will be good for 3-4 days in the fridge). If you also want to meal prep a salad you can do some cabbage, some olives, jalapeno and use some whole cherry tomatoes. Remember to keep all the parts for the wrap separately - either in airtight compartment containers or each individually packed in an airtight container in the fridge.
**Another salad you can try:
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- ⅓ cup olives
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeno slices (optional)
- 4 tbsp parsley, thinly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 cup arugula
- ½ lemon, juice of
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
Add the roughly chopped cucumbers, avocado, arugula, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, jalapeno, olives, olive oil and salt to a bowl and mix.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 571Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 66mgSodium 704mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 7gSugar 9gProtein 33g