This Mediterranean salmon wraps recipe is simply amazing! So easy and quick, yet so delicious, this salmon recipe is the perfect healthy dinner idea. With a few easy adjustments, you can also meal prep this recipe to have for lunch during the week if your schedule is busy.
What’s Inside: Salmon Wraps Ingredients
The flavors in these healthy wraps are incredible. Here’s what’s inside:
- cooked salmon
- a fresh salad with cucumbers, avocado, olives, jalapeno, parsley, garlic and lemon
Wrap this in a tortilla or in flatbread like I did. Do not be surprised if you want to eat these every single day.
How To Make Mediterranean Salmon Wraps
- The fist step here is to make the salmon. For this you will need 12oz or 350 g of salmon filet that you’re going to gently rub with some dried basil, garlic and black pepper. Cook the salmon in a pan on both sides until golden brown. Once the salmon is done, break the filets in smaller, bite-sized pieces with a fork. (You can also cut them or choose to pre-cut them before cooking, but that would make more flipping).
- While the salmon is cooking prepare your vegetables. You’ll need some thinly chopped cucumber for the tzatziki, some minced garlic, avocado, more roughly chopped cucumbers for the salad, olives, thinly chopped parsley, and some lemon juice.
- Once you’re done with the vegetables, prepare the tzatziki and the salad.
- For the tzatziki, you’ll simply combine some plain Greek yogurt with minced garlic, salt and the thinly chopped cucumber in a bowl.
- Mix the avocado, parsley, the rest of the cucumbers, olives, jalapeno, lemon juice, garlic, salt and olive oil in another bowl.
- Fill a flatbread with some salmon, some salad and the tzatziki. Wrap and enjoy!
Meal Prep Option
To meal prep these salmon wraps you can make the salmon and tzatziki ahead. Keep them in separate containers, they will stay good between 3-4 days. For the salad you can use some whole cherry tomatoes, some olives, some chopped cabbage and jalapeños for example. The option is of course, to make the cucumber avocado salad before assembling the wraps. I don’t recommend making this salad ahead, because it will spoil much faster.
- 12oz / 350g salmon filet
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp basil, dried
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- ⅓ cup olives
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeno slices (optional)
- 4 tbsp parsley, thinly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 cup arugula
- ½ lemon, juice of
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cucumber
- pinch of salt
- 4 tortillas or flatbread
- Gently rub the salmon with some dried basil, garlic and black pepper. Cook the salmon in a pan on both sides until golden brown (about 5-6 minutes on each side). Once the salmon is done, break the filets in smaller, bite-sized pieces with a fork. (You can also cut them or choose to pre-cut them before cooking, but that would make more flipping).
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients by thinly chopping 1/2 cucumber for the tzatziki, roughly chopping 2 more cucumbers for the salad, peel and chop a ripe avocado, thinly chop parsley, arugula, olives, mince garlic and juice a lemon.
- For the tzatziki use a small bowl to combine the Greek yogurt with garlic, salt and cucumber.
- Add the roughly chopped cucumbers, avocado, arugula, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, jalapeno, olives, olive oil and salt to a bowl and mix.
- Fill a tortilla or a flatbread with some of the salmon, salad and tzatziki. Wrap and enjoy!
To meal prep this recipe, you can make the tzatziki and salmon ahead (they will be good for 3-4 days in the fridge). If you also want to meal prep a salad you can do some cabbge, some olives, jalapeno and use some whole cherry tomatoes. Don't add lemon, garlic or olive oil yet. You can add these to your wraps when you assemble. Remember to keep all the parts for the wrap separately - either in airtight compartment containers or each individually packed in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 567Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 59mgSodium 695mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 7gSugar 7gProtein 31g
I hope you enjoy these as much as me and my family do!