This Mediterranean quinoa salad is so delicious and filling that it’s bound to become your next favorite. It calls for only a few simple ingredients, such as cooked quinoa and raw as well as roasted veggies. Yes, as simple as that!
Nevertheless, this Mediterranean quinoa salad recipe is super healthy, plant-based and gluten-free. It makes the perfect veggie-packed light lunch or dinner.
So, if you are a fan of Mediterranean cuisine or just want to treat yourself to a yummy, summer salad, roll up your sleeves and head for the kitchen to make this refreshing quinoa salad.
You’ll Love The Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
because it is
- super healthy and calls for only natural ingredients
- gluten-free which makes it a great choice for people who are gluten intolerant.
- the perfect recipe to use up cooked quinoa and grilled or roasted vegetables
- ready in 10 minutes if you have cooked quinoa
- quite filling and satisfying which makes it suitable not only for a starter but for a light lunch or dinner as well.
- last, but not least – super flavorful, refreshing, and tasty.
To make this Mediterranean quinoa salad recipe you’ll need fresh summer vegetables, quinoa and some roasted veggies! Here are some of the main ingredients:
Tomatoes. Choose fresh, ripe tomatoes for your summer salad. Their taste is unbeatable and they’ll add a good portion of lycopene that will boost your skin health and protect the cells from free-radical damage. Optionally, to add some more color you can throw in some yellow cherry tomatoes as well!
Cooked Quinoa. The quinoa will add fiber and protein and make the salad more filling. It also contains complete protein, which means that all nine essential amino acids can be found in it.
Greens. Arugula, scallions, a small cucumber and fresh herbs like parsley or basil are the things you’ll need here! They’re going to make the whole thing more nutritious, flavorful and balance out the acidity of the tomatoes! Greens are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that help protect your body against chronic disease.
Avocado. To make your lunch bowl even more satisfying and filling – add in an avocado for the healthy fats and, often ignored – fiber content.
Roasted Peppers. This yummy and healthy addition will bring even more red color and unique flavor to your Mediterranean salad. You can use either store-bought jarred or canned peppers or roast them in the oven, on the stove or the grill yourself.
Olives. Olives can come in different sizes and colors but what they do have in common is their wonderful taste! Feel free to use any variety you enjoy!
How To Make The Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
It’s the easiest thing ever!
- Wash the fresh red and yellow tomatoes and chop them
- Then, wash and chop the cucumber, the arugula, the parsley and the scallions
- Next, chop the roasted peppers, dice the avocado and mince the garlic.
- Add all ingredients including the cooked quinoa to a bowl and toss. Make sure to add lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
How To Store The Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
In the best-case scenario, you will eat your summer salad right after you cook it. However, if you made more than you could eat, you may store the leftovers in an airtight container till the end of the day. Have in mind, though, that fresh veggies, especially tomatoes lose their texture and nutritional value once cut and exposed to oxygen.
More Mediterranean Recipes
I really hope you enjoy this simple Mediterranean quinoa salad! For more easy and healthy Mediterranean recipes check out these links:
- The Best Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Spicy Mediterranean Lunch Bowls
- Easy Mediterranean Vegetable Salad
- 2 ripe red tomatoes, thinly chopped
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup yellow cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 2 scallions, thinly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 roasted peppers, chopped
- 2 tbsp thinly chopped pitted olives
- 1 cup thinly chopped arugula
- 3 tbsp thinly chopped parsley or basil
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare all the ingredients for the salad.
- Add them to a bowl and toss with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 438Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 0mgSodium 392mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 15gSugar 12gProtein 10g