I know this recipe won’t win any beauty awards, but it’s delicious and I had to share it here. I made it when the sun was already down and had it with my simple everyday salad and it was the perfect easy dinner.
Mediterranean Quesadilla With Feta Cheese And Salami
Now there’s a bit too much salt in here, but you won’t regret making this. It’s filled with feta cheese, fresh herbs, garlic and olives. Now, the salami is optional. In fact, if I didn’t have some salami at home I’d never use it in this recipe.
What I’d add instead is definitely some slices of tomato or bell pepper – it will make this “quesadilla” even better!
Now let’s get to the recipe.
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup basil
- handful olives, chopped
- 3 slices salami (optional)
- 2-3 slices tomatoes or bell pepper (optional)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tortilla
- Mash the feta cheese with the basil, 1 tsp olive oil, garlic and olives.
- Spread this paste on 1/2 tortilla. You can choose to add slices of tomatoes, bell pepper or salami on top. My preference for next time will be the vegetarian option. Then fold in 1/2.
- Toast in a non-stick pan with 1 tsp of olive oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Slice and serve with this delicious everyday salad. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 658Total Fat 44gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 97mgSodium 1840mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 6gSugar 8gProtein 23g