Get ready for dinner and make these amazing Mediterranean chicken wraps! This is a seriously delicious Mediterranean diet dinner recipe that your friends and family will love! It’s filled with spicy chicken, hummus, a super tasty garlicky yogurt sauce and fresh vegetables.
Mediterranean Chicken Wraps
I know these chicken wraps aren’t exactly an authentic Mediterranean recipe.
They’re not Greek chicken wraps, they’re not shawarma wraps. They’re similar to those but with a few changes – something in between. With avocado inside.
Chicken Wrap Ingredients
These healthy chicken wraps are filled with all the things most of us love:
- garlicky yogurt sauce
- a fresh and healthy salad with avocado, tomato and cucumber
And yes, these are full of flavor and very filling. Yet, because they were so good it was pretty hard for me to stop at one.
I had two of these wraps in one day and I plan on making them even more often now.
I should probably get a good system of prepping the meat, hummus and garlicky sauce ahead of time and then…the sky is the limit. Chicken wraps every day. No complaints.
Mediterranean Chicken Wraps In 5 Steps
- cook the chicken in a non-stick pan with spices and garlic
- prepare this everyday healthy salad
- mix the garlicky yogurt sauce
- blend some hummus (optional if you haven’t bought one)
- wrap it all together in a tortilla
Lower Carb & Glutenfree Options
Because of the tortilla these wraps aren’t gluten-free and might be too high in carbohydrates for many people.
So, if you are eating gluten-free or low carb either use gluten free or lower carb tortillas (I’ve seen many recipes online).
Another healthier option would be to turn these into lettuce wraps or dinner bowls (simply put all ingredients in a bowl without the tortilla).
- Chop the vegetables for the salad and prepare the salad.
- Make the garlicky yogurt sauce: mix the yogurt with 1 garlic clove, a pinch of salt and the dill until smooth.
- Chop the chicken in bite-sized pieces and add it to a non-stick pan with 1 Tbsp olive oil, cooking at medium-high heat. Add 2 cloves of garlic, the chili flakes, black pepper and dried mint and stir together until the chicken is coated. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown.
- Assemble the wraps: Fill with as much as you like...In the center of a tortilla add the chopped lettuce or cabbage, the chicken, cooked broccoli (if using), some salad, the hummus and the tzatziki. Wrap like a burrito and enjoy immediately.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 488Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 140mgSodium 511mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 58g
Hopefully, you’ll enjoy these wraps when you make them! Let me know if you have any questions and feedback!