This Mediterranean Black bean salad with herbs and feta is fresh, delicious and ready in about 5 minutes! Whether you want to eat it for lunch or as a vegetarian healthy side dish at dinner with the family, this easy black bean salad recipe will be a hit!
You’re going to love the combination of flavors in this simple Mediterranean bean salad. It’s a no corn black bean salad so it’s a bit different, but so good! It’s also gluten free, nut free and grain free for those with food sensitivities.
Mediterranean Bean Salad Ingredients
- Canned black beans. Any other beans or even chickpeas and lentils will work as well though.
- Chopped herbs and arugula. I used a mix of parsley, basil and arugula from the garden, but feel free to use whatever you have available. Spinach, dill, mint or cilantro will all work well and give different fresh flavors to the salad.
- Feta cheese and olives. You’ll most likely find that you don’t need to add any salt to this recipe, because of these two delicious ingredients.
- Roasted peppers. If you don’t have them roasted, just chop a pepper and saute with olive oil in a nonstick pan for 5-6 minutes. The taste in the salad is amazing.
- Toasted sesame seeds. These also add an amazing touch and some crunch to the salad.
- Scallions, garlic and pickled jalapenos will add even more flavor and make this meal even better.
- Olive oil and some lemon juice. No need for a different dressing here – let the ingredients you put in shine!
How To Make This Mediterranean Black Bean Salad In 10 Minutes
If you have no leftovers or anything to eat at lunch and you’re working from home, you can make this in seriously no more than 10 minutes. Here’s the to do list:
- Chop the vegetables
- Roast the peppers if needed
- Rinse and drain the canned beans
- Add everything into a bowl and mix together
That is it! It is so easy, like the easiest healthy meal you can make for lunch!
Ways To Upgrade This Black Bean Salad
This black bean recipe is seriously so versatile. Here are a just few ways you can easily upgrade it:
- To make it even more filling you can add some garbanzo, other beans or quinoa to the salad.
- If you’re not vegetarian and want to turn this into a more high protein meal you can add some chicken
- Another really easy non-vegetarian way to make this a more protein packed and filling meal is to add some canned tuna to the recipe
You’ll love this Mediterranean Black Bean Salad Because It’s
- Flavorful and fresh
- Super easy and quick to make
- Super healthy
- ½ cup black beans
- 1 cup arugula
- ¼ cup parsley
- Handful of basil leaves
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- Handful olives
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 roasted green pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapenos
- Chop the vegetables, "roast" the peppers in a nonstick pan with olive oil (if desired), rinse and drain the canned beans.
- Add everything to a bowl and mix.
- Add salt and pepper if desired (I did not need salt, because of the feta and olives).
- Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 245Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 8mgSodium 373mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 8gSugar 5gProtein 9g