From chicken lettuce salad to light and flavorful lettuce wraps – this collection of simple, tasty and healthy lettuce recipes has everything you need to make the most of this leafy green!
So, you opened your fridge and noticed that huge lettuce on the bottom shelf that’s about to go bad any day now. You paid money for it, so you kinda want to put it to use, plus throwing out food makes you feel bad.
But you just don’t know how to add lettuce to your meals in order to actually enjoy it! And so, you begin thinking “What if I just throw it out? I just won’t buy anymore, or even if I do I’ll surely use it next time!”
That’s the little devil talking. Don’t listen!
Been there, done that, more times than I’d like to admit…Now let’s forgive and forget and put this leafy green to use! Lettuce is super versatile and can be used raw or cooked, but I personally like mine raw. So here you’ll find a list of mainly raw lettuce recipes – all great for lunch, all great for weight loss/weight maintenance, all great for you!
Is Lettuce Healthy?
Spoiler alert: it is. I know lettuce doesn’t have the superfood reputation of kale, but it is still extremely beneficial for your health. It’s green and it’s leafy after all. If you need more proof, here it is:
- Firstly, it’s low in sodium, fat and calories.
- Secondly, it contains many healthy compounds, such as iron, fiber, folate, beta carotene, lutein, vitamins B6, C and K as well as potassium and magnesium. (source)
- Also, it’s been proven to have great effects on your body – anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer effects, it helps prevent diabetes and cardiovascular disease. (source)
Now if that doesn’t convince you to have some lettuce today, I don’t know what will. Well, maybe one of these amazingly tasty healthy lettuce recipes! All you need to do is take a quick look, pick out your favorites and get to cooking!
Lettuce And Chicken Recipes
Now, let’s start the list of healthy lettuce recipes with an unbeatable protein-packed satisfying combination for lunch: lettuce and chicken!
1. Keto Chicken Lettuce Salad. A low-carb recipe, filled to the brim with greens and protein. A perfect post-workout meal, or for whenever you feel hungry but don’t have all the time in the world to prepare a dish. If you want a spicy kick – add some sriracha to the dressing.
2. Chicken Lettuce Wraps. This is a Mediterranean dish that is super light and delicious and packed with protein and flavor. If you want to save some time and effort, you can always use store-bought hummus, but the homemade one is so much better!
3. Chickpea, Feta And Chicken Salad. Staying in the Mediterranean, here we’ve got a very refreshing and filling lettuce salad recipe with chickpeas, feta and chicken – it’s the perfect meal for summer!
4. Healthy Chicken Cobb Salad. This is a tasty, high-protein salad, that you can prepare ahead of time – super convenient if you’re busy during the week! All it takes is chopping whatever veggies you like, boiling a few eggs and cooking some chicken. It’s so good!
5. Easy Fall Chicken Salad. This lettuce-based salad is perfect for the autumn season as it involves the cozy and signature tastes of pumpkin and/or sweet potatoes. It’s sure to become a favorite of yours after you give it a try!
Vegetarian Lettuce Recipes
This section in the collection of healthy lettuce recipes includes delicious vegetarian options for lunch, breakfast and dinner. That’s right – you can have lettuce for breakfast too!
6. Corn And Avocado Salad. Not only is this avocado, corn and lettuce salad an aesthetically pleasing meal, it’s also healthy and bursting with flavor. And it’s really easy to make! Furthermore, you can adjust the ingredients to match your taste and make your very own dream salad.
7. Healthy Breakfast Salad. What better way to start the day off than with a delicious healthy breakfast? Can’t think of anything! Well, start with this breakfast salad – it is full of protein as well, thanks to the eggs and chickpeas.
8. Healthy Dinner Salad. Now that we’ve covered breakfast, why not make a lettuce recipe for dinner as well? This is the most amazing and unforgettable salad there is. It includes potatoes, which are super crispy, veggies and feta cheese. You can also make this salad spicy if you like to bring up the heat, or you can add some chickpeas for some extra protein.
9. Lentil Lettuce Tacos. These lettuce tacos are super quick to prepare, vegan and extremely delicious. You can make them spicy or you could drizzle some garlic cashew sauce over the filling. It’s so good!
10. Curried Chickpea Lettuce Wraps. These chickpea lettuce wraps are one of the most delicious things you can eat for lunch. And the recipe is gluten-free and vegan. Win-win! Bursting with flavors due to the aromatic seasonings used to prepare the chickpeas, plus a tasty avocado garlic spread – these wraps are simply irresistible!
Seafood And Lettuce Recipes
We’re coming to the last section in our collection of healthy lettuce recipes! This is probably one of my favorite combinations – lettuce and seafood. Let’s begin with my two favorites altogether – the salmon lettuce wraps and the Mediterranean salmon bowls.
11. Salmon Lettuce Wraps. This is a great flavorful anti-inflammatory recipe with salmon, pan-seared vegetables and fresh salad. It has a super refreshing taste and is super satisfying! Definitely a must-try for dinner!
12. Salmon Bowl. Yet another mesmerizing salmon meal. Nobody’s complaining! It’s a delicious combination of fish, garlic, lettuce and hummus (homemade is best, store-bought is also perfectly fine). And yes, this is another one of those lettuce recipes that you simply must make!
13. Salad With Rice And Tuna. This is the perfect meal to make with leftover rice and canned tuna! It’s simple, inexpensive, healthy, it’s not too heavy, but at the same time will leave you satiated.
14. Anti-inflammatory Salmon Salad. Salmon goes so well with everything and this recipe is proof! You’re also going to need some sweet potatoes, avocado, seasoning and whatever vegetables you’d like to add to make this lovely lunch.
More Healthy Vegetable Recipes
Well, I sure hope you found some inspiration and some healthy lettuce recipes that you’d like to try this week! Now, if you need more ideas and have got other vegetables to use, check out these healthy vegetable recipes as well:
- 10 Healthy Cauliflower Recipes
- 18 Easy Cabbage Recipes You Must Try
- 30 Things To Make With Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- ⅓ cup pumpkin (or sweet potato), roasted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ lemon, juice of
- ½ avocado, chopped
- ½ cup olives
- 2 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red roasted pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Prepare all your ingredients - wash and chop your vegetables, chop the chicken and if you don't have: chop a pumpkin or a sweet potato and roast it in the oven. I had pre-made mine and did not add anything to it - just some salt, oil and a little bit of water. It was ready in around 20 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix together.
- Serve immediately!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 467Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 147mgSodium 1084mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 9gSugar 6gProtein 35g