Do wasps ruin your life and your garden? Yes, they did this to me too. Therefore in the past, whenever summer came around I was always looking for a solution about how to get rid of wasps. A few years ago, I finally found it! Today I’m sharing a simple, homemade, easy DIY wasp trap, so you can also say goodbye to those annoying (and potentially dangerous) wasps!
How It Works
The way this homemade wasp trap works is with a sweet, liquid bait.
Wasps would fly into the bottle because they’re attracted to the scent of the bait.
Once inside the bottle, they’re unable to find their way out and are eventually drown in the liquid.
Caution: Please always be cautious when dealing with wasps, especially if you’re allergic!
Here’s What You Need For A Wasp Trap:
- an old plastic bottle
- a knife
- wire or string
- hole punch or а stitching awl
- bait ingredients
Ingredients For The Wasp Trap Bait
Wasps will come to the wasp trap for the filling, the bait. Use a combination of the following to make an attractive wasp trap bait:
- liquid soap
How To Make An Easy Wasp Trap
- Prepare the bait inside the plastic bottle. Use a Tbsp of sugar, some soap and some beer to cover. Close the bottle and shake it until ingredients are combined.
- Cut. Using a knife (and caution) cut the top part of the bottle
- Turn upside down. Remove the bottle cap and turn the top part of the bottle around, putting it inside the lower bottle part leading to the bait. This is your basic wasp trap.
- Add two holes. At the top of the trap, make two holes across each other. You can use a hole punch or а stitching awl for this step.
- Make a handle. Thread a wire through the holes to make a handle for the trap, so you can hang it wherever you want. You can also use a string instead of the wire for this.
- Hang your wasp trap (or traps!) outdoors, in the places you want wasps to stay away from.
- Exchange the bait and remove dead wasps from the trap regularly! Make sure to always check for live wasps inside the trap, to prevent stings.
Carmen J says
You give a list of ingredients but when you list the directions only list a few on the ingredient list? What about the rest of the ingredients?