These homemade healthy no-bake breakfast cookies are quick to make and can be meal prepped on Sunday for an easy breakfast on the go for the rest of the week!
Homemade Healthy No-Bake Breakfast Cookies
If I could count the number of times I skipped breakfast when I was younger, because I didn’t have the time to eat or make breakfast…well, it will be more than 10. Or 100. Or 1000. Now, no more skipping breakfast with these easy no-bake breakfast cookies. They’re healthy, ready to go in the morning and so much better than doughnuts. You need basic ingredients to make them and around 10 minutes of work. Then one hour in the fridge and you’ve made breakfast for the whole week.
This recipe was inspired by a pin I saw on Pinterest last week – it’s a recipe by I Heart Naptime and I absolutely loved the idea! No baking and no cooking breakfast every day – that pin totally inspired this recipe, I just had to make my very own version of these cookies.
No-Bake Breakfast Cookie Main Ingredients
- Oats – part of many healthy breakfast recipes, as they’re rich in fiber and protein and very filling. These cookies are no exception – oats one of the main ingredients.
- Nuts & Seeds – any type you want. Chop the nuts and add the seeds whole. Good options are almonds, walnuts, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds or flaxseed. They’re a great source of healthy fats, fiber and protein.
- Honey is the sweetener I used in this recipe, but you can also use maple syrup.
- Nut Butter I used natural peanut butter to make these cookies, but any kind of natural nut or seed butter will work well here.
If you do make this recipe and enjoy it, please feel free to leave me your feedback in the comments below or comment on my Pinterest page – I’d love to hear from you!
- 1 cup oats
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey (or more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp coconut, shredded
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Mix the peanut butter with the honey in a bowl
- Add the walnuts, sunflower seeds, oats, and coconut and stir together until combined.
- Take about 1 1/2 Tbsp from this mixture and roll in your hands as to form cookies or patties.
- Melt the chocolate with coconut oil and combine. You can do this by microwaving for 15-30 seconds and then consistently stirring.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the cookies quickly in all directions.
- Refrigerate the cookies for at least 1 hour and eat within 4-5 days. Store in the fridge.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 245Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 1mgSodium 182mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 3gSugar 7gProtein 8g