This quick chicken recipe is the best! It’s a 10-minute herbed chicken with cannellini beans and it’s amazing. That’s right – delicious quick and easy healthy dinner recipe coming up! This Mediterranean-inspired, dairy-free gluten-free dinner is great for clean eating and meal prep too. And, you get to use some of your canned food and some of your leftover chicken, let’s make it!
Herbed Chicken & Cannellini
Like many of the best things in life, this dish happened without planning or much preparation. I worked with whatever leftovers I had in my fridge and pantry and made this absolutely delicious, super flavorful healthy meal.
How To Make Herbed Chicken & Cannellini In 10 Minutes
Leftovers. The only way I was able to magically transform a bunch of random ingredients into a delicious dinner using only a pan was by using leftovers. Leftovers save the day, you guys! And on that that day it was a leftover chicken and a can full of cannellini beans that saved me from hunger. I sauteed some garlic, some of my dried herbs from my pantry and then added the chicken and beans. Super, super easy, quick and absolutely delicious. I can eat this every single day.
I served this with a quick green salad made with avocado, cucumbers and greens and it was super filling and satisfying.
Now let’s get to the recipe.
- 1 small onion, chopped thinly
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 cup cannellini beans, canned, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Saute the onion for a minute in a non-stick pan with some olive oil. Once translucent, stir in the dill, mint and red pepper flakes.
- Stir in the beans and the chicken, letting them cook to absorb the flavors.
- After about 2-3 minutes add the garlic and stir for about 1-2 more minutes. Add a pinch of salt.
- Serve immediately with some salad and maybe hummus if you decide!
You can use cooked chicken, rotisserie chicken - any type of leftover chicken you have at home.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 343Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 51mgSodium 500mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 7gSugar 2gProtein 27g