Is this easy pasta dish the healthiest easy dinner idea you can find? No, but this pasta recipe is served with a good amount of vegetables like cauliflower and kale…Which makes this weeknight meal into a pretty healthy tortellini recipe with kale that also happens to be creamy and you’ll love it! This tasty dinner recipe is ready in about 15 minutes.
HEALTHY TORTELLINI RECIPE WITH KALE
Made with fresh tomatoes, some cream cheese and good for you vegetables this easy tortellini recipe is a much healthier option when you just want a bowl of cheese-filled pasta for dinner. This recipe is super easy, vegetarian and delicious!
- cream cheese
- refrigerated tortellini
- salt and pepper
How To Make
- You’ll start off by making the fresh tomato sauce. To do this chop the tomatoes, add them to a pan with olive oil and cook at medium. Press the tomatoes with the spatula to make the sauce.
- Then add salt, the cauliflower and kale and cook them for a few minutes.
- Add the tortellini and the cream cheese and some milk.
- Season with salt, black pepper and add the garlic.
- Turn the heat off and enjoy!
Please make sure to cook the tortellini according to package instructions, if they take longer than 3-4 minutes of cooking.
- This pasta dish is vegetarian, but if you feel like something is missing or you’re craving some shredded chicken or sausage in this – feel free to add it to this meal.
- You can use any type of refrigerated tortellini you wish – my favorite type are the cheese-filled tortellini, so that is what I used for this recipe too!
- Some other changes that would work are using tomato sauce and not fresh tomatoes (although I find a big difference, during winter I would go for tomato sauce or tomato paste here) and using different vegetables if you don’t like kale or cauliflower.
- You can also make this pasta spicy or more garlicky if you wish.
15-Minute Healthy Tortellini Recipe With Kale
A super tasty and pretty healthy tortellini recipe that is ready in about 15 minutes - a quick and easy dinner idea! Made with kale, fresh tomatoes and cauliflower this easy dinner recipe is a healthier option when you're craving a pasta dish at the end of a long day, comforting quick weeknight meal for a busy schedule!
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 6oz / 180g tortellini, refrigerated
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets, chopped
- Black pepper
- Cook tomatoes in olive oil. Cover with lid for 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt, the cauliflower and kale. Cover again for 2 minutes.
- Add tortellini, stir in cream cheese, add black pepper and some milk then cover for 2 more minutes again.
- Add the garlic and stir again. Cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Put on a plate and add Parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 546Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 99mgSodium 879mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 5gSugar 7gProtein 20g