Looking for some healthy picnic food ideas? Whether you are planning a romantic picnic for your special someone or just want to enjoy a cozy meal in the park with a family member or a close friend, here you’ll find plenty of easy picnic recipes that taste amazing.
This is a list of 25 healthy picnic food ideas that are perfect for two or more people. From tasty sandwiches and wholesome wraps to refreshing salads and fruity desserts, there is something for every taste and preference.
These healthy recipes are not only delicious but also easy to prepare, making them perfect for a hassle-free and memorable picnic experience. They are a great way to enjoy the perfect picnic while staying committed to your healthy lifestyle goals. So, grab your basket and head out to your favorite outdoor spot to enjoy our tasty healthy picnic recipes with someone special.
Healthy Picnic Salad Recipes
When it comes to healthy picnic food ideas, salads are always a great option. Not only are they refreshing and delicious, but they are also easy to pack and take on the go. To ensure your salads stay fresh and crisp, it’s best to pack them as salad jars and use whole tomatoes. This way, you can layer your ingredients without them getting soggy or wilted.
1. Tomato Cucumber Salad. Make your summer picnic a hit with this quick and easy tomato and cucumber salad, perfect as a side dish or on its own. The recipe takes about five to ten minutes to make and requires ripe tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, tangy feta cheese, and fresh parsley.
2. Mediterranean Chickpea Salad. This Mediterranean chickpea salad is another amazing healthy picnic recipe! Packed with fresh veggies, roasted eggplant and peppers, cheese, olives, and chickpeas, it’s both filling and healthy.
3. Avocado Black Bean Salad. You’ll remember this flavorful vegan avocado black bean salad as a great picnic dish. You can make it with canned black beans, avocado, herbs, and roasted red peppers in just ten minutes, and serve it for your lunch outside or as a side dish. It’s super healthy and definitely worth your effort!
4. Tomato, Avocado and Arugula Salad. This fresh tomato, avocado, and arugula salad is the perfect meal for a healthy picnic. Loaded with greens, healthy fats, antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, it is easy to make, vegan, low-carb, and paleo.
5. 5-minute Mashed White Bean Salad. Add this five-minute salad to your picnic menu and you’ll thank yourself later! Made with a few basic ingredients in a food processor, this healthy salad is bursting with flavor, iron, and protein.
Healthy Picnic Appetizers
Appetizers are another must-have when we’re talking about healthy picnic food ideas! Our selection of nutritious dips and savory bites is sure to satisfy your hunger and cravings. So, prep some of these and bring them to your next adventure outside!
6. Feta Zucchini Dip. This delicious dip is made with just five ingredients, including sauteed zucchini, feta, garlic, olive oil, and dill. It is perfect for salads, bowls, or wraps, a great healthy picnic recipe too!
7. Roasted Red Pepper Dip with Feta. Make your next outdoor experience unforgettable with an easy and healthy Mediterranean-inspired picnic recipe. You can use the roasted red pepper dip with feta cheese just like hummus and serve it with tortilla chips, veggies, salads, or wraps, and enjoy the divine taste.
8. Bruschetta with Mashed Chickpeas. Only five minutes to prepare! The crispy bread is topped with garlicky mashed chickpeas loaded with basil and garlic, which complement each other perfectly in taste and health benefits.
9. 10-Minute Pizza Bites. Don’t miss out on these ten-minute vegetarian pizza bites that are perfect as appetizers or snacks to share.
10. Healthy Turkey Meatballs Recipe. I’m pretty sure you won’t be able to resist these tasty healthy turkey meatballs, all done without breadcrumbs!
Healthy Savory Picnic Food Ideas
There is a variety of healthy savory picnic food ideas that you can choose from to make your next romantic outdoor meal or small group outing deliciously memorable. In this section, you will find some of the best healthy picnic recipes like savory muffins, quesadillas, wraps, and sandwiches!
11. Savory Oatmeal Feta Muffins. Try these – you won’t be disappointed! These muffins are packed with delicious flavors from feta cheese, butter, and oats.
12. Healthy Shrimp Quesadilla. This healthy shrimp quesadilla is an incredible picnic recipe that uses a delicious filling of shrimp, veggies, and fresh herbs.
13. Easy Spinach Chickpea Cakes. Any picnic experience will be filled with flavor thanks to these spinach chickpea cakes! These are great when served with salad and hummus.
14. Mediterranean Quesadilla with Feta Cheese and Garlic. This quesadilla is ready in just ten minutes and packed with flavor from fresh herbs and veggies.
15. Healthy Avocado Egg Sandwich is ready in just ten minutes. Don’t forget to toast to perfection for the best picnic experience!
16. Mediterranean Tuna Pie. Impress your picnic buddies with this delicious Mediterranean tuna pie! Packed with healthy and flavorful ingredients this recipe is really easy, gluten-free, and high in protein.
17. Ham, Egg, and Cheese Wraps are likely to become one of your favorite picnic foods, as they are really easy, filling and can be made ahead of time.
18. Pesto Chicken Sandwich is flavorful, satiating, and easy to make with any leftover chicken in just a few steps.
19. Lunch Muffins with Spinach and Feta are the perfect grab-and-go meal! Make them using spinach, feta, and eggs, and flavor them with scallions and leeks, and enjoy their incredible taste.
Healthy Sweet Picnic Food Ideas
Are you a fan of sweets? If that’s the case, it can be challenging to find healthy picnic food ideas that also satisfy your sweet tooth. No worries, though, we’ve gathered the best ones for you! From mouth-watering cakes to healthy muffins, these tasty and nutritious options will make your next picnic unforgettable. Feel free to also bring a thermos with coffee or tea for further enjoyment.
20. Healthy Chocolate Cake. Indulge in the dream of having chocolate cake as one of your sweet picnic foods with this super simple and healthy gluten-, dairy-, and nut-free chocolate oatmeal cake.
21. Healthy Strawberry Pancakes. These flourless and fluffy strawberry pancakes with oatmeal are an ideal picnic option that requires just ten minutes!
22. Healthy Breakfast Oatmeal Apple Cake. This healthy apple cake is an easy and delicious meal prep option that’s great for picnics too!
23. Flourless Strawberry Shortcake Oatmeal Cookies. You’ll need ingredients like almond flour, gluten-free oats, coconut sugar, and fresh strawberries for the preparation of the soft and fluffy treats.
24. Easy Oatmeal Banana Bread Recipe. Ripe bananas, oats, yogurt, almond butter, and coconut flour are some of the ingredients needed here. This healthy banana bread tastes amazing on its own, but you can also customize it with your favorite nuts, dried fruit, or chocolate chips, and enjoy an amazing picnic dessert with some coffee from your thermos.
25. Healthy Almond Butter Muffins. These vegan almond butter muffins are a delicious, easy sweet picnic option! You can even prepare them a few days in advance and store in the fridge. The muffins are flourless, dairy-free, and topped with dark chocolate chunks for an extra indulgent touch.
More Healthy Food Ideas To Try
Well, I truly hope you enjoy some of these healthy picnic food ideas! These are so good, you will want to eat them even when the weather isn’t exactly picnic-friendly. For more healthy recipes and ideas, check out these other collections:
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 2/3 cup chickpeas, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- handful olives
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup eggplant
- 1 bell pepper
- Cut the bell pepper and eggplant in circles and add to a pan at medium-high heat with some olive oil, cover to speed up the process. Turn the vegetables after 3-4 minutes and cook the other side as well, without lid. Let cool off.
- While the vegetables are roasting, chop the cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley and onion.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl, add a little bit of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper if desired. Toss and enjoy immediately!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 298Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 8mgSodium 314mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 9gSugar 13gProtein 10g