You have to try these delicious healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookies! This oatmeal cookie recipe is made without flour, with healthier ingredients, is refined sugar-free and absolutely addictive.
The most amazing peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, these are great for a quick snack, dessert or even breakfast on the go! This healthier cookie recipe is dairy and gluten free (make sure to use gluten free oats!)
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Ingredients
To make these tasty oatmeal cookies, you’ll need just a few ingredients:
- Oats. Use rolled or quick oats to make these cookies, they’re going to act as our flour here.
- Egg. I tried making this recipe without the egg a few times, but it did not go well. If you’re going to make this recipe, you need the egg. I am working on an eggless recipe though!
- Peanut butter. We’re using a one ingredient, natural peanut butter here. If you can’t tolerate peanuts, you can use almond or another type of nut butter if desired.
- Coconut oil. I know it seems like a lot of fat, but it’s needed. Don’t skip on the coconut oil.
- Chocolate chips or chocolate chunks. You can also use whatever add-ins you desire – chopped nuts or dried fruit if you like it.
- Coconut sugar. You can also use brown or dark brown sugar here if you can’t find coconut sugar.
- Salt and baking soda. For some contrast and to fluff up the cookies.
How To Make These Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
It’s so easy! Even if you’ve never made cookies before, you cannot mess this recipe up! Here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat the oven and add all of the ingredients to a bowl.
- Blend with an immersion blender until combined, but not all the way smooth. The mixture should still be somewhat chunky when it’s done.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, form the cookies with your hands and spread them apart over the baking sheet. Please note, that the cookies will not expand a lot and change their shape, they’re not that talented. But they taste good. So shape them the way you’d like them to look later.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. You do not want to bake too long, since the cookies can become dry. Be sure to let them cool off a bit before biting into one.
- This recipe made 9 cookies for me (and nobody else muhahaha, okay I shared a few!)
You’ll Love These Cookies
- super easy to make
- really tasty
- chewy, but also soft on the inside
- healthy (or healthier…)
- a great snack or breakfast
I hope you enjoy these tasty oatmeal cookies! If you do make them, let me know how it went!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (Flourless)
You need to try this healthy peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipe! These peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are made without flour and refined sugar, super easy, and a quick snack or even breakfast when you have no time to make something in the morning. This easy cookie recipe is gluten and dairy free.
- ¼ cup + 1tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup oats
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp chopped chocolate
- a tiny pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix with an immersion blender a little bit - make sure to combine, but leave the mixture chunky, not super smooth.
- Form cookies with your hand (they will not change the shape all that much) and place on the parchment paper. Make sure to leave space between the cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Then let the cookies cool off, before taking a bite!
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 129Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 21mgSodium 130mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 4g
Don’t like baking? Try these healthy no bake peanut butter oatmeal breakfast cookies!