These healthy Mediterranean fish wraps are so delicious and so easy to make! A great simple and healthy Mediterranean recipe – perfect for an easy and quick dinner!
Mediterranean Fish Wraps
I made these Mediterranean fish wraps quite a while ago, took 5 pictures before I ate “the model” and I don’t quite remember what type of white fish I used for this recipe. I don’t often eat or cook white fish and whenever I stumble upon one I like, I always forget what it’s called. So use whatever white fish fillet you enjoy for this recipe. If you want to go fo healthier options, check out this post about the healthiest types of fish to eat.
How To Make Mediterranean Fish Wraps
- Crust: The coating for the fish is pretty simple. It’s ground oats, some salt and black pepper. You can choose to dip the fillets in some minced garlic and lemon juice before adding the coating, but I kept it pretty plain. You can also add more herbs and spices to the coating if you’re craving something spicier.
- Frying the fish: I didn’t deep fry the fish – I simply oiled a pan and cooked the fish on both sides until golden brown at medium high.
- Prepare the salad: I made a simple tomato cucumber salad, added some fresh herbs and feta cheese.
- Prepare the Greek yogurt garlic sauce: It’s exactly what it sounds like: Greek yogurt + garlic + salt = Greek yogurt sauce.
- Wrap: I always toast the tortilla a little bit before I put anything inside, much like every other human I like warm bread. Wrap it all inside in a tortilla and enjoy it!
And that is it.
- Turn it into a bowl: This is a very simple recipe and you can turn it into wraps or don’t wrap it at all for a bread-free version. It’s still delicious as a bowl.
- Great additions here would be: hummus, tzatziki (instead of the Greek yogurt sauce), grilled vegetables like zucchini, eggplant or peppers, french fries (nothing beats french fries in wraps!)
- If you’re going to use oily fish for these wraps: don’t coat, simply cook in a pan or in the oven with some garlic, herbs and spices of your choice.
I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe if you make it!
For the fish:
- 2 fillets white fish of choice (around 200g)
- 1/2 cup oats, ground
- salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly chopped
- black pepper
- 2 Tbsp thinly chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Greek Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tortillas
- Mix the oats with the salt and pepper. Coat the fish fillets with this mixture and cook in an oiled pan at medium high until golden-brown on both sides. Slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop all ingredients needed for the salad and mix them together in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients for the Greek yogurt sauce in another small bowl.
- Warm your tortillas and fill them with the fish, salad and yogurt sauce. Sprinkle some lemon juice on top and wrap.
- Enjoy immediately.