You need to try this healthy ground beef rice skillet this week! It’s a fast and easy healthy dinner idea that you can make in one skillet, in about 30 minutes with basic easy-to-find ingredients. Your family will love this healthy ground beef recipe for dinner and will ask for more! You’ll need some ground beef, some leftover rice, mushrooms, onions and fresh and dried herbs to make this delicious dinner recipe.
Healthy Ground Beef Rice Skillet Ingredients
Ground beef. Use lean ground beef or other ground meat you like.
Mushrooms. Go for white button or cremini mushrooms.
Rice. Use up some leftover rice in this recipe. You can also use any other type of cooked grain you like or cauliflower rice.
Vegetables. Some scallions and a little bit of garlic, but this recipe will also be great if you add some red peppers or spinach to it. Simply add them after the mushrooms.
Spices and Herbs. For some extra flavor, we’re adding some freshly chopped cilantro, basil and oregano, as well as some black pepper and dried rosemary.
How To Make This Ground Beef and Rice Skillet
First, make sure to have all your ingredients ready for the skillet. Washed and chopped mushrooms, fresh herbs, scallions, the cooked rice, olive oil and the ground beef.
Now we start with the ground beef. Cook it at medium-high in a large skillet with some olive oil, rosemary, black pepper and salt. Stir, breaking the ground meat in pieces and combining with the herbs as you go. Cover the skillet for 2-3 minutes. Take the lid off and allow the ground beef to brown a bit, simply stir occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
Add in the mushrooms, some more olive oil, the garlic and scallions and let this cook for 2-3 minutes, again stirring occasionally.
Reduce the heat to medium, stir in the cooked rice for about 2-3 more minutes.
Lastly, add in the fresh herbs and turn off the heat!
Your dinner is ready, enjoy it!
If you don’t have one of the ingredients or would like to change up the recipe for some diversity you can easily change things like:
- use other ground meat instead of beef
- use barley, brown rice, quinoa or even cauliflower rice to make this recipe even healthier
- add some other vegetables you like – green vegetables, carrots or peppers are some great options for this dinner recipe
More Easy And Healthy Ground Beef Dinner Ideas:
- 20-Minute Spicy Ground Beef and Cabbage
- Easy Ground Beef and Vegetables
- Healthy Ground Beef, Quinoa and Broccoli
- 15-Minute Korean Ground Beef Bowls
- Ground Beef Cabbage Soup
I hope you enjoy this easy ground beef and rice skillet!
- 220g/8oz ground beef
- 200g white button mushrooms / 2 cups chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- bunch cilantro, thinly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Have all your ingredients ready for the skillet. Washed and chopped mushrooms, fresh herbs, scallions, the cooked rice, olive oil and the ground beef.
- Cook the ground beef at medium-high in a large skillet with some olive oil, rosemary, black pepper and salt. Stir, breaking the ground meat in pieces and combining with the herbs as you go. Cover the skillet for 2-3 minutes. Take the lid off and allow the ground beef to brown a bit - simply stir occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms, some more olive oil, the garlic and scallions, for 2-3 minutes stir occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to medium, stir in the cooked rice - about 2-3 more minutes.
- Lastly, add in the fresh herbs (cilantro, basil and oregano) and turn off the heat!
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in airtight containers.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 533Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 101mgSodium 119mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 5gSugar 4gProtein 37g