If you’re looking for an easy and healthy dinner idea that comes together in 20 minutes and is low carb, gluten free and dairy free – you absolutely need to try this delicious, healthy ground beef and cabbage recipe!
Ground Beef And Cabbage Recipe
Even if you aren’t the biggest fan of cabbage or ground beef, I’m pretty confident you’ll enjoy this tasty weeknight meal! Perfect for busy weeknights, it’s spicy, filling and the entire family will love it.
Ground Beef and Cabbage Ingredients
To make this tasty meal you’ll need just a few simple, easy to find ingredients:
- ground beef
- cabbage (purple will work as well)
- tamari sauce
- chili flakes (don’t add if you don’t like spicy)
- some fresh ginger
- oil (I used olive oil)
- toasted sesame seeds to serve
There are many ways to go with this recipe if an ingredient doesn’t quite work for you:
- Use ground turkey or chicken if you want to avoid red meat
- use oconut aminos (gluten free) or soy sauce (contains gluten and soy) if you don’t have tamari sauce
- Don’t make it spicy: If you’re not into spicy food, simply leave out the chili flakes.
Ground Beef and Cabbage Step By Step
Chop the cabbage, peel & mince the garlic and chop the ginger.
Cook ground beef in a nonstick pan, breaking it apart at medium-high heat. Cover with a lid, add some water and cook for 5-6 minutes
Add cabbage, chili flakes, some of the garlic, some of the tamari sauce and a little oil.
Cover with a lid again and cook for about 3 minutes at medium-high.
Next, add more tamari, olive oil, the ginger, garlic and stir, cooking for 4-5 more minutes or until any excess liquid is gone.
Serve with some toasted sesame seeds! Enjoy!
- 3 cups cabbage, chopped
- 250 g ground beef (about 8 oz)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- Add the beef to a non-stick pan, breaking it apart as well as you can while cooking at medium-high heat. Cover the pan with a lid for 4-5 minutes. I always add just a little bit of water to make sure the beef doesn't burn and get too dry. Please, make sure there's no water in the pan before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the chopped cabbage, chili flakes, 1 garlic clove, 1 tbsp tamari sauce and 1 tbsp oil (I used olive oil). Cover with a lid and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Take the lid off, add 1 tbsp tamari, 1 tbsp olive oil and the ginger, the rest of the garlic and let cook for 4-5 more minutes or until any excess liquid is gone (there might be some from cooking the cabbage).
- Serve with some toasted sesame seeds on top! Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 357Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 74mgSodium 759mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 26g