These healthy coconut banana cookies are made with 5 ingredients: bananas, desiccated coconut, almonds, vanilla and oats! The perfect easy no sugar dessert! Sweetened naturally with the banana, these healthy cookies are a great easy snack that you can make ahead of the week. These cookies are vegan and gluten-free.
I think it’s safe to say, anyone who isn’t allergic to bananas has some around their house at any point in time. They’re such a staple and such a great snack!
But the last time I got my hands on some pretty old spotty bananas, I decided I wanted to make something pretty minimal, as in minimal ingredients. 5 max. And tada these banana coconut cookies were born.
They’re really great! They’re sweet, tasty, not overly crunchy, but they’re chewy and hold together very well. I decided to drizzle a little bit of melted dark chocolate on top, because I’m obsessed with chocolate lately. However, you can also have the cookies as they are.
Healthy Coconut Banana Cookie Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make these delicious healthy cookies:
- Some old bananas. Bananas get sweeter the riper they are, so use the ripest you can. This way you won’t need to add another sweetener.
- Oats. Use quick oats for this recipe to help bring the mixture together.
- Shredded or desiccated coconut. Banana and coconut flavors go together incredibly well!
- Vanilla! It’s a great addition to these cookies.
- Slivered or chopped almonds for some extra crunch!
How To Make Coconut Banana Cookies
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
The first thing you will start with is mashing the banana. You need to mash it until it’s super smooth, no lumps, no chunks.
Then add all the other ingredients to the bowl where you mashed the banana and mix really well together.
Scoop batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten the dough to shape cookies with your hands.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
As I mentioned I also used some dark chocolate on mine and I made it by melting the chocolate and mixing it with almond butter. This is optional, but if you love chocolate, it might be for you! Once the cookies have cooled off a bit, drizzle some of the chocolate on top and refrigerate to let it firm up.
How To Store The Coconut Banana Cookies
The cookies will stay good for a few days if you live them on the kitchen counter, but I recommend storing them in an airtight container in the fridge to extend their shelf life.
More Healthy Cookie Recipes
- Flourless Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 bananas
- 1 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup gluten free quick oats
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
For the chocolate drizzle
- 2 tbsp chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tsp almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl until smooth, there should be no lumps or chunks.
- Add the coconut, oats, vanilla and almonds to the bowl and mix really well together.
- Scoop batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten the dough to shape cookies with your hands.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- For the chocolate, drizzle melt the chocolate in the microwave for a few seconds and mix with almond butter.
- Once the cookies have cooled off a bit, drizzle some of the chocolate on top and refrigerate to let it firm up.
Store the cookies in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 120Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 43mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 3gSugar 9gProtein 2g