Get ready, or don’t, because this super tasty healthy chocolate rice cake bars recipe needs almost no prep and it’s super delicious, addictive and easy. It’s the perfect healthy snack, it keeps well in the fridge, but once it’s out – it melts faster than Olaf. You need 5 ingredients: rice cakes, melted dark chocolate, coconut oil, peanut butter (or another nut butter of choice) and some almond flour. This is also a great meal prep snack recipe and is vegan and gluten-free.
5-INGREDIENT Healthy CHOCOLATE RICE BARS
Whenever you crave chocolate, whenever you crave something sweet – having these in the fridge will save you. Only a few small bites and your chocolate cravings are covered. This chocolate snack isn’t overly sweet, as that’s the way I like it, but if you have a bigger sweet tooth – use a different kind of chocolate.
How To Make Healthy Chocolate Rice Bars
- Chop some chocolate, doesn’t need to be super fine (I used 85% dark chocolate).
- Melt the chocolate with coconut oil in the microwave in 20s intervals, until everything is fully melted
- Mix in the peanut butter
- Break apart the rice cakes add them to this peanut butter chocolate mixture
- Add some almond flour
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Spread the mixture evenly and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm
- Slice and enjoy!
And that’s it – a delicious, easy and healthy snack!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate
- 6 rice cakes
- 1 tsp almond flour
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in the microwave in 20-30s intervals, until completely melted. Stir in between to speed this process up. It actually took me one interval of microwaving to melt the chocolate.
- Stir in the peanut butter until well combined.
- Break/Crumble the rice cakes and add them to the mixture.
- Add a tsp of almond flour and mix it all together until all the rice cakes are covered with the chocolate.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until completely firm.
- Slice in pieces and enjoy! Keep refrigerated as these bars melt pretty quickly at room temperature.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 123Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 2mgSodium 82mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 3g