This is a collection of healthy chicken recipes for dinner that are the perfect quick healthy weeknight meals to make when you’re busy. These easy chicken dinner ideas are high in protein, low in calories, and all one-pan or ready in about 15 minutes. There’s something for everyone – a chicken pasta recipe, some Mediterranean chicken recipes, super easy one-pan chicken meals, chicken salads, chicken quesadilla and more. In this roundup of high-protein dinner recipes, you’ll also find the estimated cooking time, servings as well as calories and protein for each recipe.
12 Healthy Chicken Recipes To Make For Dinner This Week
This is a 15-Minute high-protein one pan dinner that you can whip up with a can of chickpeas, chicken breast or skinless boneless chicken thighs and some herbs and spices. Serve as is or with some hummus and salad for a delicious Mediterranean bowl. Recipe here.
- Ready in: 15 minutes Servings: 3-4
- Calories: 273; Protein: 35 grams
Leave out the deep fried wrapping, chop some cabbage, carrots and add some chicken to make this delicious and easy meal for dinner. This recipe is one of my favorite quick meals and also pretty cheap too! Recipe here.
- Ready in: 20 minutes Servings: 2
- Calories: 474; Protein: 43 grams
This is a simple homemade chicken soup with noodles and is delicious and filling! Recipe here.
- Ready in: 50 minutes Servings: 4-5
- Calories: 273; Protein: 25 grams
Chicken with vegetables sounds boring, but not this one pan Mediterranean chicken with vegetables. It might not win a beauty contest, but it will win any taste test out there. It’s filled with different vegetables like eggplant, tomatoes, spinach, there’s feta cheese and garlic inside, flavor and really delicious. This is a low carb recipe (if you don’t eat it with bread) and you can find it here.
- Ready in: 20 minutes Servings: 3
- Calories: 352; Protein: 24 grams
This is recipe is pretty much like gyros, but not quite authentic, so I’m not gonna use the name. It’s super tasty, full of garlic, herbs and fresh vegetables, there’s a ton of flavor. This meal is really easy to make, however not that quick. It takes around 30-40 minutes, but also makes 4 servings and therefore it’s great for meal prep. There are 488 calories per serving with 58 grams of protein. Recipe here.
- Ready in: 30-40 minutes Servings: 4
- Calories: 488; Protein: 58 grams
This chicken salad is one of my favorites! It’s really light, but also filling – you could eat it for lunch or dinner, it’s filled with vegetables, avocado, chicken, parmesan cheese and comes with a healthy yogurt-based dressing. Really delicious! Recipe here.
- Ready in: 30 minutes Servings: 2
- Calories: 578; Protein: 45 grams
Filled with super easy and delicious roasted vegetables, a tomato cucumber salad and shredded chicken this is a delicious weeknight dinner and leftovers are great for lunch too. This meal would take 30 minutes to make and it’s low carb – so great if you’re trying to lose some weight too. Recipe here.
- Ready in: 30 minutes Servings: 3
- Calories: 318; Protein: 34 grams
I admit this meal might sound super weird, but it is one of my favorite comforting meals, especially during winter. And it happens to be healthy-ish. You basically put the sauerkraut, chicken and some bulgur or rice in a large pot or deep pan and cook for a while with some simple spices. Once the rice and chicken are done, transfer to a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes. This recipe makes a lot, so it’s perfect for meal prep, but it takes longer than the other recipes in this roundup. Recipe here.
- Ready in: 45 minutes Servings: 4
- Calories: 374; Protein: 29 grams
If you’re craving pasta, how about something a bit healthier and super quick…This is a really delicious macaroni recipe with chicken, garlic, dill – it’s very fast (ready in 10 minutes), healthy and delicious! Recipe here.
- Ready in: 10 minutes Servings: 2
- Calories: 444; Protein: 35 grams
This one pan meal is filled with chicken, rice, spinach, chickpeas and it’s a healthy comfort meal that you’ll just want to eat every day. I make it all the time when spinach is in season and I have some in my garden. The chickpeas make it even more filling and add more protein and fiber to the meal. Recipe here.
- Ready in: 35 minutes; Servings: 5
- Calories: 319; Protein: 35 grams
This is such a quick and delicious recipe! Really good when you’ve got some leftovers in the fridge and no time. I used feta cheese in this one and found the combination with chicken and of course garlic – just amazing. Recipe here.
- Ready in: 10 minutes; Servings: 2
- Calories: 479; Protein: 29 grams
Isn’t fried rice just the perfect meal for weeknights? It’s delicious, quick, easy and kinda healthy. The recipe is here.
- Ready in: 20 minutes; Servings: 3-4
- Calories: 424; Protein: 34 grams
Mediterranean Chicken & Chickpeas Bowl
- Put the cabbage in a salad bowl and massage it with the lemon juice, garlic, some salt and a little bit of olive oil.
- In another bowl make the tomato cucumber salad by combining the chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumber, scallion, parsley, 1 tbsp olive oil and some salt.
- To start arranging your bowl - add some cabbage as the base, then top with the spicy chicken with chickpeas, the salad and place the hummus in the middle.
- Serve immediately or follow the meal prep instructions here.
The original recipe for this Mediterranean bowl is here.
Hope you found some new healthy and easy dinner ideas in this roundup of high-protein chicken dinners. Let me know how it went, if you’ve made some of them.