This is a collection of easy healthy chicken recipes that are perfect for when you’re busy, they’re just super nutritious weeknight meals. These healthy chicken dinner ideas are high in protein, low in calories, and all done in one pan or ready in about 30-40 minutes. There’s something for everyone – a healthy chicken pasta recipe, Mediterranean chicken recipes, nutritious chicken salads, chicken quesadilla, homemade chicken soups, fast one-pan chicken meals and more. In this roundup full of high-protein chicken recipes you’ll find the estimated cooking time, servings as well as calories and protein for each recipe.
Healthy One-Pan Chicken Recipes To Make For Dinner This Week
This is a 15-minute high-protein one pan chicken recipe that you can whip up with a can of chickpeas, chicken breast or skinless boneless chicken thighs and some herbs and spices. Serve as is or with some hummus and salad for a delicious Mediterranean bowl. Recipe here.
- Ready in: 15 minutes Servings: 3-4
- Calories: 273; Protein: 35 grams
Leave out the deep-fried wrapping, chop some cabbage and carrots and add some chicken to make this delicious and easy meal for dinner. This healthy recipe is one of my favorite quick meals and also pretty cheap too! Recipe here.
- Ready in: 20 minutes Servings: 2
- Calories: 474; Protein: 43 grams
Use chicken breast, leftover rice, frozen peas and seasonal vegetables to make this deliciously healthy dish! It’s ready in around 20-30 minutes and is so good! Recipe here.
Ready in: 20 minutes Servings: 2
Calories: 438; Protein: 38 grams
Chicken with vegetables sounds boring, but not this one-pan Mediterranean chicken with vegetables. It might not win a beauty contest, but it will win any taste test out there. Flavorful and absolutely delicious, this healthy chicken dish is filled with a variety of vegetables like eggplant, tomatoes, spinach and there’s feta and garlic in it as well. This is a low-carb recipe (if you don’t eat it with bread) and you can find it here.
- Ready in: 20 minutes Servings: 3
- Calories: 352; Protein: 24 grams
I admit this simple meal might sound super weird, but it is one of my favorite comforting dinners, especially during winter. And it happens to be healthy-ish. You basically put sauerkraut, chicken thighs and some bulgur or rice in a large pot or deep pan and cook for a while with some simple spices. Once the rice and chicken are done, transfer to a baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes. This sauerkraut and chicken recipe makes a lot, so it’s perfect for meal prep, but it takes longer than the other recipes in this roundup. Recipe here.
- Ready in: 45 minutes Servings: 4
- Calories: 374; Protein: 29 grams
This low-carb chicken is so good! The recipe calls for broccoli and Brussels sprouts, but you can definitely switch things up and use whatever is in season. You can find the recipe and all the details here.
- Ready in: 20 minutes Servings: 2
- Calories: 573; Protein: 52 grams
This one-pan meal is filled with chicken, rice, spinach, chickpeas and it’s a healthy comfort meal that you’ll just want to eat every day. I make it all the time when spinach is in season and I have some in my garden. The chickpeas make it even more filling and add more protein and fiber to the meal. Recipe here.
- Ready in: 35 minutes; Servings: 5
- Calories: 319; Protein: 35 grams
Isn’t fried rice just the perfect meal for weeknights? This healthy version with chicken is delicious, easy and pretty quick. The recipe is here.
- Ready in: 20 minutes; Servings: 3-4
- Calories: 424; Protein: 34 grams
If you’re craving pasta, how about something a bit healthier and super quick? This is a really delicious macaroni recipe with chicken, garlic, dill – it’s very fast (ready in 10 minutes), healthy and delicious! Recipe here.
- Ready in: 10 minutes Servings: 2
- Calories: 444; Protein: 35 grams
Healthy Homemade Chicken Soup Recipes
This is a simple homemade chicken soup with noodles and is comforting and filling! Recipe here.
- Ready in: 50 minutes Servings: 4-5
- Calories: 273; Protein: 25 grams
Loaded with protein, anti-inflammatory herbs and spices and super healthy cauliflower, this healing chicken soup tastes fresh and flavorful. It’s also super easy to make! Recipe here.
- Ready in: 30 minutes; Servings: 2
- Calories: 400; Protein: 43 grams
Packed with protein and fiber this healthy chicken soup is super satiating and is a great meal to enjoy in the evening. Especially after a cold day! Recipe here.
- Ready in: 45 minutes; Servings: 5
- Calories: 284; Protein: 26 grams
Mediterranean Chicken Recipes
This Mediterranean chicken recipe is pretty much like gyros, but not quite authentic, so I’m not gonna use the name. It’s super tasty, full of garlic, herbs and fresh vegetables, there’s a ton of flavor. This healthy meal is really easy to make, but not as quick as the others on the list. It takes around 30-40 minutes. However, it also makes 4 servings and is therefore great for meal prep. There are 488 calories per serving with 58 grams of protein. Recipe here.
- Ready in: 30-40 minutes Servings: 4
- Calories: 488; Protein: 58 grams
This is such a quick mouthwatering recipe! Really good when you’ve got some leftover chicken in the fridge and no time. I used feta cheese in this one and found the combination with chicken and of course garlic just amazing. Recipe here.
- Ready in: 10 minutes; Servings: 2
- Calories: 479; Protein: 29 grams
If you’ve got some leftover chicken, you MUST make these chicken gyros bowls! They take 20 minutes to prepare, taste so amazing and are a great filling healthy meal full of Mediterranean flavors. The recipe is here.
- Ready in: 20 minutes Servings: 1
- Calories: 592; Protein: 40 grams
A bit different and more Mediterranean style, these chicken tostadas taste fresh and flavorful! Filled with healthy ingredients like tomatoes, fresh herbs and shredded chicken, these healthy tostadas are great for dinner. The recipe is here.
- Ready in: 15 minutes | Servings: 2-3
- Calories: 514; | Protein: 44 grams
Healthy Chicken Salads And Power Bowls
These healthy chicken power bowls taste so good! They’re loaded with chicken, spicy roasted cauliflower and sweet potatoes, a fresh salad and garlicky sauce to finish it off. So tasty! Recipe here.
- Ready in: 40 minutes Servings: 3
- Calories: 445; Protein: 43 grams
This chicken salad is one of my favorites! It’s really light, but also filling. Filled with vegetables, avocado, chicken, parmesan cheese, this healthy salad comes with a yogurt-based dressing. You could enjoy this chicken recipe for lunch or dinner. It’s amazing! Recipe here.
- Ready in: 30 minutes Servings: 2
- Calories: 578; Protein: 45 grams
Filled with super easy and delicious roasted vegetables, a tomato cucumber salad and shredded chicken this is a delicious weeknight dinner and leftovers are great for lunch too. This meal would take 30 minutes to make and it’s low carb – so great if you’re trying to lose some weight too. Recipe here.
- Ready in: 30 minutes Servings: 3
- Calories: 318; Protein: 34 grams
A chicken cobb salad is delicious and nutritious, but this one is made even healthier with a lighter dressing, no cheese and no bacon. Instead, we’ve got some olives and extra veggies to accompany the creamy avocado, eggs and chicken. The salad is lighter, yet super filling and satisfying. You’ll find the recipe here.
Ready in: 20 minutes; Servings: 2
Calories: 634; Protein: 54 grams
Mediterranean Chicken & Chickpeas Bowl
- Put the cabbage in a salad bowl and massage it with the lemon juice, garlic, some salt and a little bit of olive oil.
- In another bowl make the tomato cucumber salad by combining the chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumber, scallion, parsley, 1 tbsp olive oil and some salt.
- To start arranging your bowl - add some cabbage as the base, then top with the spicy chicken with chickpeas, the salad and place the hummus in the middle.
- Serve immediately or follow the meal prep instructions here.
The original recipe for this Mediterranean bowl is here.
Hope you found some new healthy and easy dinner ideas in this roundup of high-protein chicken dinners. Let me know how it went, if you’ve made some of them.
More Healthy Dinner recipes:
- Two Weeks of Easy Dinners
- 40+ Veggie-Packed Dinner Ideas You’ll Love
- 15 Easy Leftover Chicken Recipes To Make For Lunch Or Dinner
Post last updated: July 30th, 2022