Looking for some new easy and healthy breakfast ideas? You’ll love this healthy breakfast quesadilla recipe…Filled with eggs, cheese and vegetables this vegetarian savory breakfast recipe is filling, delicious and pretty quick to make.
Healthy Breakfast Quesadilla Recipe (Easy & Vegetarian)
I am currently obsessed with this easy quesadilla recipe! I would make it for breakfast, and I’d also make it for lunch at 3 pm if I haven’t eaten anything yet. It’s great to serve with some fresh tomato sauce or avocado sauce, but honestly this recipe is quite perfect on its very own.
I had some leftover flour tortillas and I realize there are much healthier options these days, so if you want to be more prepared and make this meal even healthier – choose one of those options. Almond flour tortillas, gluten-free tortillas or even whole-grain tortillas should all work for this recipe.
- shredded mozzarella
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
How To Make It:
This breakfast quesadilla is quite easy to make and you only need one pan. Here’s what to do:
- Start off by sauteing the zucchini, spinach and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
- Then move them to one side of the pan and scramble 2 eggs on the other side.
- Arrange the tortillas by layering the vegetables, eggs, cheese and jalapeno on one 1/2 of the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla in half and toast on both sides until golden brown. Be more mindful when flipping as some of the filling might come out. I honestly, just put it back in and ignored it.
- Then slice and enjoy it immediately!
I actually spread a tbsp of tomato paste on one of the tortillas, this is optional, but it’s pretty good!
You can also add some avocado, other vegetables and use other types of tortillas (gluten free or whole grain) to make this easy breakfast recipe healthier!
I hope you enjoy this easy breakfast quesadilla recipe!
Healthy Breakfast Quesadilla Recipe (Vegetarian & Easy!)
Looking for an easy breakfast idea that is also pretty healthy? Try this healthy breakfast quesadilla recipe that is delicious, vegetarian, super quick and easy! Filled with vegetables and eggs, this recipe is a much healthier option than a regular breakfast quesadilla. Use whole grain or gluten-free tortillas to make this quesadilla even more nutritious!
- 2 eggs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp tomato paste (optional)
- Pickled Jalapeno (optional)
- 2 tortillas
- Saute the zucchini and spinach with olive oil and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
- Put them to one side of the pan and scramble 2 eggs on the other side.
- On one half of a flour tortilla arrange a layer of the sauteed vegetables, then the eggs eggs, cheese and jalapenos.
- Fold and toast in a non stick pan with some olive oil on both sides until golden brown.
Optionally you can spread tomato or avocado sauce of choice over the tortilla and then add the rest of the ingredients as I did for the tortilla in the video.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 392Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 200mgSodium 993mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 5gSugar 3gProtein 19g