If you’re looking for some easy healthy breakfast ideas that you can make ahead and eat on the go, you’ve just found the perfect easy breakfast recipe! These are some healthy breakfast peanut butter cups with a twist that makes them filling and actually a good for you when you’re hungry in the morning. Delicious! Made with natural peanut butter (or I used almond butter in the video), dark chocolate, coconut, flax meal and oats these are a great healthy snack idea as well.
Healthy Breakfast Peanut Butter Cups
Not gonna lie, I pretty much eat all of mine within two days. So I don’t know exactly how much ahead you can make these and store them in the fridge, but 3-5 days should work. I would usually make a bunch, put them in an airtight container, put that in my smaller cooler bag and just go wherever I need or want to go that day. They’re the perfect snack – not too sweet, but sweet enough and filling enough.
Healthy Breakfast Peanut Butter Cup Ingredients
The best part about these no bake breakfast cup is that they’re super easy to make and also don’t require a ton of ingredients. Here’s what you need:
- Natural peanut butter or almond butter
- Shredded coconut
- Flaxseed Meal
- Coconut oil
- Dark Chocolate
1,2,3,4,5,6,7…Yes, 7 ingredients you probably have at home, use them and make these.
How To Make Them
As I mentioned, this is a super easy process, so you can even involve your kids:
- Step 1: Mix all ingredients for the peanut butter part in a bowl
- Step 2: Melt dark chocolate with coconut oil and mix it with peanut butter.
- Step 3: Put the peanut butter part in muffin cups (I used silicone muffin cups – was really easy to pop them out!), then top with the chocolate. Finally sprinkle some coconut on top! I would also recommend a little bit of sea salt (I forgot to do it in this video, but I’ve been adding some lately and it’s even more delicious!)
- Step 4: Refrigerate or freeze the peanut butter cups until firm.
- Step 5: Pop them out and enjoy!
And that is it! Simple, easy and super tasty breakfast or snack on the go.
- If you’re following a vegan diet, use maple syrup and not honey for this recipe.
- Make sure to use gluten free oats if you’re following a gluten free diet.
- You can also make these cups nut-free by using seed-butter such as sunflower seed butter.
Hope you enjoy these tasty peanut butter cups!
Peanut Butter Part
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp flax meal
- 4 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup oats
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- Mix all ingredients for the peanut butter part of the cups. Put the mixture in the muffin cups (made 8 for me).
- Melt chocolate, add the coconut oil and peanut butter. Add to the muffin cups covering the almond butter mixture. Sprinkle some shredded coconut on top.
- Freeze for 1 hour. Enjoy.
You can use any nut butter to make these breakfast cups - almond, cashew, hazelnut...I used almond butter in the video, but these will work with any natural nut butter.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 254Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 1mgSodium 81mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 4gSugar 13gProtein 6g