You’ll love this delicious healthy breakfast sandwich recipe! This is the perfect vegetarian savory breakfast idea: an avocado egg breakfast sandwich. It’s so so good, you’ll want to make this easy egg sandwich every single morning! And you can, because it takes about 5-10 minutes and the ingredients are easy to find.
Healthy Breakfast Sandwich Ingredients
Here’s what you need:
- 2 slices of whole grain bread. If you’re gluten free or keto – use the type of bread that you like and know works well for grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Vegetables. A few leaves of spinach, some tomato and don’t forget to add the garlic. You will not regret it!
- A fried egg. I like to fry my egg on both sides, because if I have a runny egg, I will also have paranoia, so fried on both sides for me. Prep your eggs whichever way you like – scrambled or hard-boiled will work too!
- Something pickled. This is optional, but I love the flavor it adds – you can use pickled jalapenos or pickles or whatever you like.
- Mozzarella cheese. Shredded mozzarella cheese is optional, but also amazing in here.
- Avocado. We’ll use the avocado as the spread for this delicious avocado egg sandwich.
How To Make This Avocado Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Fry your egg on both sides or prepare it whichever way you like. If you hard boil some eggs, it can be super easy to make this sandwich over the next few days too.
- Top one slice of the bread with the avocado and minced garlic and mash the avocado, spreading it over the slice of bread.
- Put the egg on top, then the pickles (or pickled jalapenos), tomato slices, spinach and the mozzarella cheese.
- Top everything with the other slice of bread and toast on both sides until golden brown in a heated skillet. I recommend adding some olive oil to the skillet and using a non-stick type of pan.
- Slice in the middle and enjoy!
Tips To Make The BEst Healthy Breakfast Sandwich
Use fresh ingredients. I highly, highly recommend using some fresh produce in your sandwiches. You want to start your day with some fruits and vegetables. They’re rich in vitamins and minerals and taste really great in sandwiches and breakfast burritos.
Combine different flavors. You want to have the best of all worlds here. That’s why I love the garlic and the pickled foods in the sandwich. It pairs beautifully with the other flavors.
Toast. It’s just the best! Toast your sandwich once assembled in a pan or on the grill until golden brown, so delicious!
- ½ avocado
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped pickles*(optional)
- 1 fried egg
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread
- 1 cherry tomato, sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp mozzarella
- handful of spinach
- Fry an egg on both sides, or prepare as you prefer!
- Top one slice of the bread with the avocado and minced garlic. Mash the avocado, spreading it all over the bread.
- Put the fried egg on top. Then add the pickles, tomato slices, spinach and the mozzarella. Finally top with the other slice of bread.
- Add a little bit of olive oil to anonstick pan and toast the bread on both sides for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice in the middle and enjoy.
*or pickled jalapenos
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 476Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 196mgSodium 598mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 12gSugar 5gProtein 21g
You Might also Like:
- Healthy Breakfast Quesadilla Recipes
- Easy And Healthy Breakfast Burrito
- Garlic Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich