Start your day with this nourishing healthy breakfast idea! Perfect fall recipe, this is a delicious and super easy healthy apple crumble recipe! You can make this apple breakfast bowl in just about 10 minutes on the stove.
I am sure you’ll love the taste and simplicity of this delicious apple recipe. Made with simple ingredients like oats, apples and cinnamon, you can have this recipe every single day for breakfast or even dessert. It’s easy to make ahead too!
Healthy Apple Crumble Ingredients
Apples. Well, one apple for one serving. Since there’s no added sweetener, choose ripe, sweet apples like golden delicious or Honeycrisp to make this recipe.
Cinnamon. Apples and cinnamon, just go hand in hand.
Coconut oil. Use extra virgin coconut oil to get that sweet coconut flavor. You can also use butter if you can’t have coconut oil.
Oats, nuts and coconut. This combination makes for a healthy and tasty crumble that you can make on the stove.
Honey. Last, but not least, you can use some honey or maple syrup to add some sweetness to the crumble.
How To Make Stovetop Apple Crumble
The first step here is to chop up your apples and then to saute them in a nonstick pan with cinnamon and coconut oil. Stir them until coated and cover for a bit to let them soften.
While the apples are cooking you can add the nuts, oats, honey, shredded coconut, a little bit of salt, cinnamon, coconut oil to a food processor with a very tiny bit of water to mix them into what will later become “the crumble”. Pulse until combined – you should get a crumbly mixture that sticks together.
Take the apples off the heat, and add the crumble mixture to a pan. Spread over the surface of the pan, flattening with a cooking spatula. After about a minute, start stirring this mixture from time to time, allowing it time to get golden brown.
Let cool off a bit and serve in a breakfast bowl with the apples, some milk or yogurt of choice and nut-butter if desired.
How To Make This Ahead for Breakfast
For starters, you can adjust the recipe for as many servings as you’d like it to be.
Once you prepare the apples and the crumble – keep them in separate airtight containers in the fridge. They will stay good for about 3 days.
I recommend heating the apples a bit before serving and assembling the bowls with whatever you desire!
You’ll Love This Healthy Apple Crumble
- comforting and delicious
- made with easy to find whole food ingredients
- healthy and nourishing
- filling and satiating
- crunchy and just the right amount of sweetness
- super easy and quick
For the apples:
- 2 sweet apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
For the crumble:
- ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup nuts
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut shredded
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- Chop the apples into cubes. Saute them on the stove in a nonstick pan at medium with some coconut oil and cinnamon. After they’re coated with the cinnamon, cover the pan and allow the apples to cook and soften for about 3-4 minutes. If needed, add a tbsp or so of water.
- Put all ingredients for the crumble in a food processor and pulse until you get a crumbly mixture that sticks together when you press it between your fingers. Flatten with a spatula and toast in a nonstick pan at medium-high with ½ tbsp coconut oil for 5 minutes stirring every now and then, allowing it to become golden brown. Take off heat and let the crumble cool off to become crispy.
- Arrange the apples and the crumble in a bowl and add some nut butter, milk or yogurt of choice if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 276Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 82mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 6gSugar 16gProtein 4g