Nothing better than starting your day with these savory ham, egg and cheese breakfast wraps! This is a great filling easy breakfast idea with eggs and a super tasty meal prep breakfast recipe that you can make and store in your fridge for about 3 days.
What’s Inside These Breakfast Wraps
The list is long and delicious, I added some vegetables to make these wraps a bit more nutrient dense than what it would be with just ham, eggs and cheese. Make sure to use ingredients that suit your diet, e.g. choose gluten free or keto tortillas to make these wraps gluten free or keto.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- parsley or cilantro
- bell pepper
- onion and garlic
- crushed red pepper
- some olive oil
How To Make These Ham, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Wraps
Step 1: Chop the vegetables and saute them with a little bit of olive oil in a nonstick pan at medium-high heat. Start with the mushrooms, push them to the side after a few minutes. On the other side, add the onions, crushed red pepper, the peppers and finally garlic (because what’s breakfast without garlic?). Transfer to a bowl and wipe clean for the eggs and ham.
Step 2. Mix the eggs in a bowl with the chopped ham. Then add to the nonstick pan at medium-high and scramble for about 2-3 minutes or until desired consistency.
Step 3. Put half of the eggs and ham in the middle of a tortilla (or any type of flatbread you like – I got a special type of Armenian bread that I used here). Add the parsley and the cheese on top. Wrap the tortilla folding from each side.
Step 4. Flip the wrap carefully and toast to seal until golden brown, then flip again and toast the other side until golden brown as well. Repeat these last steps for the other wrap.
Meal Prep Tips
If you want to meal prep this breakfast recipe, you simply need to:
- double the recipe
- fill your tortillas accordingly
- wrap them and store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days
- when it’s time to eat, pull one of these wraps out and toast on each side until golden brown
I really hope you enjoy these delicious and easy breakfast wraps filled with eggs, ham, cheese and vegetables!
More Easy Breakfast Recipes With Eggs:
- 1/2 cup chopped ham
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley, thinly chopped
- 1 large mushroom, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large tortillas
- Chop the mushroom, bell pepper, onion and ham. Mince the garlic.
- Saute mushrooms in olive oil for a few minutes until fragrant. Move them to the side. On the other side of the nonstick pan add the onions, then the peppers. Saute for 2-3 minutes, then add in the minced garlic and crushed red pepper. Stir. Transfer to a plate or a bowl and wipe the pan clean.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the eggs with the ham. Add to the nonstick pan with a little bit of olive oil and scramble occasionally at medium for 2-3 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved.
- Put the ham and eggs in the middle of a tortilla, add 1/2 of the sauteed vegetables, some parsley and half of the cheese. Wrap like a pocket and then toast on each side in the pan until golden brown.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 433Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 313mgSodium 828mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 24g