This cheesy ground beef rice with pesto is an easy ground beef recipe that is super delicious, made in one pan and ready in around 30 minutes.
Cheesy Ground Beef Rice With Pesto
This is one of those dishes you never know you’d make. It’s a combination of random things you have in your fridge and your desire to make pasta bolognese, but a little different. It’s pretty much risotto, but a bit unusual.
I do want to make this quick, so I’m gonna get right to the recipe.
Cheesy Ground Beef Rice With Pesto Recipe
This is a delicious easy ground beef recipe with rice and pesto that you can make in around 30 minutes. Lighten it up by serving on grilled/or pan-fried eggplant or with a green salad!
- 1 pound (450g) ground beef
- 1/2 cup rice, washed, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp green pesto
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tbsp Parmesan (optional)
- Saute the onion with olive oil in a non-stick pan for about 1-2 minutes. Add the ground beef, breaking it apart. Then add in 1/2 cup of water. Add salt.
- Stir in the tomato paste, oregano the carrot and then the rice. Cover with a lid and let cook for about 10 minutes or until the rice is done. Add some water if needed.
- Once the rice is ready, stir in the minced garlic and then the green pesto.
- Cook for 2 more minutes, stirring consistently to prevent the rice from burning.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the shredded mozzarella until melted.
- Top with Parmesan, Serve with a green salad or with some pan-fried eggplant (or another vegetable!) to lighten this meal up.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 236Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 37mgSodium 187mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 14g