Looking for some easy healthy dinner ideas with ground beef to make this week? Try this quick and easy ground beef recipe for healthy ground beef fried rice – it’s delicious, you only need one pan and you get to clean out your fridge!
Sorry, for some of the pictures, I made this recipe at 4 pm in December, so the light was almost nonexistent.
Ground Beef Fried Rice Ingredients
You don’t need to have all of the ingredients on this list, the basic ingredients you need are:
- ground beef
- cooked rice (should be cold, preferably day old)
- olive oil or sesame oil
- tamari (gluten free) or soy sauce (not gluten free)
You can also add other vegetables you might have in your fridge like carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini. Add some spices, use whatever you have. I personally added some spinach and bell pepper and chili flakes to this recipe, but you can definitely play around and make this delicious meal your own.
How To Make Ground Beef Fried Rice
The process is very similar to my other fried rice recipe for healthy chicken fried rice. Only difference – we use ground beef and not chicken. Here’s what to do:
You start by cooking the ground beef in a pan. Since I use very lean ground beef, I always add a little bit of water and a little bit of oil. Then I cover with a lid and let it cook through.
While the beef is cooking start chopping your vegetables. You can also do that before you start cooking, because this recipe requires all ingredients to basically be ready to be thrown in the pan quickly one after another.
After the beef has cooked for 5-6 minutes, remove any excess water that might be in the pan, move the beef to one side and scramble two eggs on the other side.
Add in the cabbage, garlic, chili flakes, bell pepper or carrots and stir. Add in the tamari or soy sauce, a bit more oil, stir and cover with a lid for 2-3 more minutes.
Remove the lid and stir in the rice, any vegetables that cook faster (for example I added spinach), the scallions and another clove of garlic. Cook for another 3-4 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and serve immediately!
I hope you enjoy this easy, filling and delicious weeknight dinner recipe! Let me know if you have any questions!
- 4oz / 120g ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cooked rice (day old)
- 2 scallions, thinly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed pepper
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1 cup spinach (optional)
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- Cook the beef in a non-stick pan at medium-high heat. I always add a little bit of oil and some water and cook for 5-6 minutes, covered with a lid.
- Remove any water if there’s still some inside, move the ground beef to one side of the pan and add and scramble two eggs on the other side.
- Stir in the cabbage, bell pepper and 3 cloves of garlic, add the crushed pepper. Stir until combined.
- Add in the tamari sauce and some more oil. Cover with a lid for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and spinach (optional). Add in the scallions and the rest of the garlic too. Let cook like this for 3-4 more minutes, no lid, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 495Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 239mgSodium 703mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 30g