This is a simple grilled egg sandwich with feta cheese – a breakfast recipe that I made last week! It’s not the healthiest option out there, but I do make sandwiches like this one every once in a while when the cravings hit or when that’s all I have in the fridge!
Making Grilled Egg Sandwich With Feta Cheese
To make this grilled egg sandwich you’ll have to start with making the eggs first (or the egg!)
To do this, you’ll crumble some feta cheese and mix it in a bowl with the eggs. Then you’ll cook that mixture in a pan like a pancake or an omelet.
The next step is to put the omelet between two slices of bread, add some butter and then toast that bread in the pan you just used to make the eggs. You can add more cheese between the bread slices, but I found mine pretty satisfying as it was.
Once the bread is nicely browned, slice in the middle and enjoy!
As I mentioned – this will not earn you healthy points, but if you’re in the mood for it, now you know how to make it.
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 Tbsp feata cheese, crumbled
- 2 slices bread
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Whisk the egg with the feta cheese. Cook in a pan like a pancake or omelete. Flip to cook all the way through.
- Butter the bread. Top one slice with the egg mixture and then cover with another slice. Optionally, if you want your sandiwch to be cheesier you can add some mozzarella cheese on top of the egg.
- Butter the pan and toast the bread on both sides until nicely golden-brown.
- Slice in the middle and enjoy!
Instead of feta cheese you can also use mozzarella, cheddar or any type of cheese you want!
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 385Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 228mgSodium 542mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 15g
You Might Also Like:
- 15-Minute Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla
- 20-Minute Salmon Tortellini
- Creamy Tomato, Basil and Garlic Tortellini