Today, I want to share something a little unusual for this blog – a green smoothie with peaches and spinach that is perfect for summer!
Green Smoothie With Peaches
I’ve never really been a smoothie drinker, but last summer my daughter had made a very fresh smoothie with strawberries – it was healthy, cold and delicious. Perfect for that hot summer day. Now, we’re melting again, I’m trying to eat healthier and experimenting with some smoothie ideas. Here’s one for a spinach smoothie (yes, a spinach smoothie) that I’ve been really loving lately.
What You’ll Need For This Green Smoothie
To make this delicious healthy drink, you need the following things:
- frozen banana
- coconut milk
- blender or a hand blender and a cup
That’s it. And 5 minutes for all the work.
How To Make A Green Smoothie
As with most smoothie recipes, the instructions are:
Put all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth.
It’s a classic for a reason: it works. My blender takes a while and I need to shake it once, because it gets stuck on the frozen banana, but once it gets going there’s no stoping it. I’m really pleased with the result.
Here are some tips to make your smoothie better or different:
- use frozen peaches to make the smoothie creamier and more refreshing. To freeze peaches you need to wash them, remove the pits, chop and freeze in freezer bags overnight.
- add some orange – I love the combination of orange and peaches and it will do really well here too.
- use other milk or yogurt. To make this smoothie you can also use any type of milk or yogurt that you have available.
- add vanilla or cinnamon
I hope you enjoy this recipe and I hope you’re enjoying your summer as well!
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 peach, chopped
- 1 frozen banana
- 3 Tbsp coconut cream
- 1/3 cup water
- Put all ingredients into your blender or hand blender cup and blend until smooth!
- Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 209Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 75mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 5gSugar 30gProtein 4g