These fluffy healthy oatmeal pancakes without banana are an easy and healthy breakfast that everyone in your family will love! They’re made with no flour and no sugar and are delicious and very versatile. Use your favorite toppings or add fruit or chocolate chips to the batter to add your own spin to the recipe. I enjoyed mine plain, with some butter and honey.
This recipe was originally published on January 24, 2020, updated with new images on April 2nd, 2020. Images were again updated on May 14th 2020.
Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes Without Banana
Pancakes are probably my favorite type of breakfast and I really enjoy experimenting with them whenever I have time. This time around I decided to make a batch of very simple wholesome pancakes that have a subtle taste of vanilla. And they turned out so so tasty! I used oats instead of regular flour because oats are delicious and provide many health benefits.
There are very few things you need to make this delicious healthy breakfast:
- about 10 minutes
- a food processor, nut grinder or a hand blender
- a non-stick pan or skillet
- and 6 ingredients
Since these are pretty “plain” – you add no fruit or chocolate, they’re pretty versatile and you can “dress them up” with anything you want. You can have them with butter only, with maple syrup or honey, chocolate, fresh fruit or jam – whatever you decide.
Only 6 Ingredients
I made these pancakes with only 6 ingredients that I already had at home, and I’m pretty sure you have them too:
- oats are the flour
- honey will sweeten the mixture slightly
- egg is the binding agent
- yogurt we use to make the pancakes fluffy (in combo with baking soda)
- baking soda
- vanilla for a subtle delicious flavor
When making this kind of pancakes I always grind the oats and make flour with them before mixing. You can do this using a food processor or a nut grinder.
You can also put the whole oats with the rest of the ingredients either in a blender or a bowl and process them with a hand blender until smooth. If the mixture turns out too runny, let it sit for 1-2 minutes.
I hope you enjoy these!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 Tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp coconut oil or butter
- Grind the oats using a nut grinder or a food processor.
- Mix the egg with the yogurt, vanilla and honey in a small bowl.
- Add the oats and the baking soda.
- Preheat a non-stick pan, you'll need low to medium temperature. Cover the surface with coconut oil or butter.
- Using a big spoon or a ladle start making small pancakes, leaving some space in between, so that you can flip them easily when ready.
- When the edges of the pancakes look done and bubbles come up it's time to flip the pancakes, carefully, but quickly. Cook on the other side as well.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 233Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 109mgSodium 725mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 10gProtein 7g