This incredible feta cheese appetizer is made with four ingredients and is ready in about 3 minutes. Did I mention it tastes amazing? It does and if you love feta and garlic, you need this easy and quick Mediterranean appetizer in your life ASAP.
This Is Why You’ll Love This Feta Appetizer
I mean, I think I just mentioned garlic and feta, so there’s that reason, but also this vegetarian appetizer is:
- super delicious
- very versatile and useful (in salads, as is, on top of one-pan meals…)
- only four simple ingredients anyone can find
- anyone, even a 4-year old can make it, it’s that easy
- it only takes 3 minutes
- it’s full of flavor
Four Easy To Find Ingredients
Feta cheese. I used lower-sodium feta cheese. If your cheese is too salty, you can leave it in an airtight container of choice to soak with some water in the fridge overnight. This will reduce the salt content.
Garlic. Garlic and feta are great on their own, they both have that special something that just keeps us coming back for more. But when they come together…you just…it’s out of this world.
Olive oil. Use a little bit of extra virgin olive oil! It’s got the flavor and the antioxidants.
Parsley. This delicious herb will bring a nice contrast and lightness to the bold flavors of garlic and feta. Use stems and leaves, chop them as tiny as you can. Parsley, especially the stems contains polyphenols that can neutralize the sulfur in garlic. This can help prevent and reduce garlic breath. Although, I don’t feel that helped me, still worth it and no regrets.
3 Minutes To Make This Feta Appetizer
First, wash and chop the parsley very thinly. Stems and leaves. Peel and mince the garlic.
This is optional, but I always do it – wash the feta cheese for a few seconds under running water to reduce salt content.
Add feta, chopped parsley, garlic and olive oil to a bowl and mash everything together using a fork. Continue for about one minute or until everything is well combined. The appetizer is ready!
Vegetarian Appetizer Serving Options
I served this appetizer with some baked potatoes (prepared as explained in this recipe). Here are some other options you might want to try:
- over French fries – I promise you will love it!
- with roasted sweet potatoes or sweet potato fries
- use it to stuff peppers or jalapenos
- with sliced cucumber for a lighter version
- or with stir-fried broccoli or asparagus
Use In Salads Or Other Meals
Another way to use this amazing appetizer is to use it in salads or bowls or over one-pan Mediterranean-inspired dishes!
You can even use it instead of feta in salads. I have a special recipe coming up soon, but this appetizer will be really good in these recipes too:
- 3oz/ 100g feta cheese (about 3/4 cup crumbled)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp thinly chopped parsley
- Add all ingredients to a bowl.
- Mash together with a fork for about a minute until everything is well combined.
- Serve with baked potatoes, use to stuff peppers or enjoy with cucumber slices for a lighter version.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 396Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 89mgSodium 925mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 15g