You already know this but you must eat your greens. However, that doesn’t have to be a tedious chore, at least not with this easy sauteed kale recipe!
It only takes 10 minutes and makes that bitter leafy green super tasty! So if you’re looking to add more green vegetables to your diet, try sauteeing kale in this way – with some garlic. It’s really tasty and makes a versatile vegetable side dish that you can enjoy with meat, rice, pasta or fish.
Sauteed Kale Ingredients
Kale. Obviously, the star of this easy sauteed kale recipe is the leafy green itself. This cruciferous vegetable provides powerful antioxidants, serves as a great vitamin C and K source, is high in beta-carotene, and may even lower cholesterol levels.
Scallion. The green onions are amazing for your immune system, digestive health, and even beneficial for weight loss.
Garlic. Scallion’s cousin adds yet another layer of taste to this simple but appetizing side dish.
Olive oil. Obviously, for such a healthy recipe, we must add some olive oil. This Mediterranean treasure has proven its worth throughout the many years it’s been in use.
Seasonings. I made this side dish to be fitting with many types of recipes so the seasonings are rather simple, just salt and pepper. The rest of the ingredients, combined with those, are enough to deliver a mouth-watering result.
How To Saute Kale
In around 10 minutes you can prepare this easy recipe for sauteed kale following these five steps:
- Begin by thoroughly washing the kale. One of the most important steps when learning how to cook kale is to always remember to clean it well before you do anything else. The creases of the leaves may have some remaining dirt in them, even if you bought it seemingly clean.
- After washing, chop the kale. Do the same for the scallion and peel and mince the garlic.
- Add the chopped kale together with the scallion to a pan, season it with salt and pepper, add the olive oil, and saute it at medium heat.
- Stir and cover with a lid for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the minced garlic, stir it through and cover the pan for another 2 minutes.
- Now, stir continuously for the remaining 2-3 minutes and serve immediately!
How To Store
This easy kale recipe is perfect for your weekly meal prep as you can cook it and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple of days. You will just have to make more of it!
How To Serve The Sauteed Kale
Baked chicken, fish, or even plant-based main dishes – all go perfectly with this easy kale recipe. You can even start your day with this tasty side dish when you combine it with your scrambled eggs. Add a piece of whole wheat toast and you’re good to go!
I love enjoying this kale recipe with salmon, rice, chopped cucumbers, avocado and a little bit of chili oil. It’s SO satisfying!
More Easy Vegetable Side Recipes
Well, I hope you enjoy this sauteed kale recipe! If you’d like to try other vegetables as well, here are some good ones to try:
- 4 cups kale, washed and chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Wash the kale thoroughly then chop it. Do the same for the scallion and peel and mince the garlic.
- Add the chopped kale together with the scallion to a pan, season it with salt and pepper, add the olive oil, and saute at medium heat.
- Stir, then cover with a lid for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the minced garlic, stir it through, and cover the pan for another 2 minutes.
- Now, stir continuously for the remaining 2-3 minutes and serve immediately!*
Optionally you can throw in some Parmesan cheese in the last few minutes - it will make the kale recipe even better!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 142Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 353mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 6gSugar 3gProtein 5g