Have some pears to use up? This easy pear cake recipe is the perfect way to do it! It’s fluffy, simple and super delicious. And those pear chunks inside, oh they just make it a whole lot better! This recipe is perfect for breakfast or dessert!
Easy Pear Cake
I’m not much of a baker, but one of my daughters is pretty gifted when it comes to it. Give her some eggs, sugar, flour and butter and she can whip up the best thing on the planet and she doesn’t even need a recipe. She does it all as she goes along. So some of the upcoming recipes are hers, not mine. And so is this simple, but delicious pear cake.
How To Make An Easy Pear Cake
For this recipe, you want to start off by sauteeing the pears in a large pan. My daughter used 2 cups of chopped pears, put them in a large pan with some cinnamon, butter and 2-3 Tbsp water and cooked with lid on, for about 15 minutes at low-medium heat. While that was cooking on the stove she made the delicious batter that consists of:
- regular flour
- sugar (can use brown or coconut sugar if you want a healthier option)
- baking powder
This batter is so simple, and not healthy at all, but you’ll want to eat it straight out of the bowl with your fingers before it has ever been cooked. And if you’ve lived in this world for a while, you’ll know about the risks of eating raw eggs, salmonella and all that. Yet, somehow this magical batter can make you forget all you ever knew.
In case you find the self-control to resist the urge of eating the batter, pour it into a baking pan, scoop the cooked pears all over, bake, let cool off, slice and enjoy. I promise you, the batter is almost as good when it’s baked…Now, let’s see how my daughter made it.
For the batter
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 125g or 4 oz butter, melted
- 5 heaping Tbsp flour
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cups pears, chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp water
- cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 350 F.
- Saute the pears with butter and cinnamon in a large pan for 1-2 minutes at medium-high. Reduce the heat to low/medium and add a few Tbsp water. Cover with a lid and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Meanwhile prepare the batter: in a mixing bowl mix the eggs and the melted butter together, then stir in the dry ingredients - baking powder, vanilla, sugar and the flour, adding them one at a time. Whisk well, you should have a smooth batter with no clumps in it.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper (optional) or butter the baking pan. Pour in the batter and then using a spoon scoop some pieces of the cooked pears on some parts of the cake - not everywhere.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool off a bit, slice and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 234Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 131mgSodium 333mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 1gSugar 10gProtein 4g