These easy Korean ground beef bowls are a delicious dinner idea with ground beef that you can make in about 15 minutes! Packed with flavor, protein and iron, this simple ground beef recipe is my version of Korean beef bowls without added sugar. Serve with rice and some greens to make a healthier, more balanced meal.
It might not seem like it from looking at the recipes on the blog, but beef isn’t something we have every week. Whenever we do have it, it’s usually ground beef, as I find it easiest and fastest to prepare. So, this is the delicious quick meal we made with ground beef a few weeks ago and I still cannot get over how amazing it is! I pretty much can’t wait to make it again and I will probably try making it with ground turkey or chicken or even try a plant-based version with tofu.
Until then I wanted to share the recipe in case you have some ground beef and are looking for some food ideas with ground beef that you can make for dinner.
This is a dinner recipe for two people, so make sure to adjust the recipe for the number of servings you need.
Korean Ground Beef Bowls Ingredients
I used a combination of fresh and dried spices and some extra garlic to make these bowls extra flavorful. Here’s what you’ll need for the recipe:
- ground beef
- tamari sauce or soy sauce if not on a gluten free diet
- sesame oil for flavor and a bit of olive or vegetable oil for cooking
- one chili pepper or jalapeno
- scallions or green onions
- fresh ginger
How To Make Korean Ground Beef
Start by washing, chopping and peeling your vegetables. Peel and mince the garlic, thinly chop the ginger, scallions and the red chili pepper.
Add the ground beef to a nonstick pan and cook with some vegetable oil or sesame oil. I used a little bit of olive oil for this. Stir occasionally, breaking the ground beef apart.
Stir in the garlic, chili and ginger, then add the tamari and sesame oil. Leave like this and stir occasionally for 2-3 more minutes.
Turn the heat off and stir through the scallions.
Serve immediately and store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
How To Serve This Korean Ground Beef
This meal is pretty flavorful on its own, therefore a great option for serving is simply plain cooked rice and some fresh green vegetables like thinly chopped parsley, cilantro will work as well, lettuce, avocado and cucumber. This will balance the intensity of the beef out.
You’ll Love These Korean Ground Beef Bowls
recipe for dinner, because it is
- ready in 15 minutes
- super flavorful
- made with limited simple ingredients
- filling and satiating
More Healthy Ground Beef Recipes:
Easy Korean Ground Beef Bowls
These easy Korean Ground Beef Bowls are a simple ground beef recipe made with fresh and dried spices, lots of garlic, lean ground beef and without sugar! It’s a flavorful, fast and easy dinner idea that you can make in 15 minutes. Serve with fresh green vegetables and some plain cooked rice for a healthier, full, balanced meal!
- 8oz/ 220g lean ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 scallions, thinly chopped
- 1 chili pepper, chopped thinly (or jalapeno) (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- Prepare your vegetables by washing and thinly chopping the scallions, red chili pepper, peeling and mincing the garlic and peeling and thinly chopping the ginger.
- Cook beef in a nonstick pan with some olive or another vegetable oil, stirring and breaking it apart occasionally.
- Add in the minced garlic, thinly chopped ginger and red chili peppers, stir in the tamari sauce and sesame oil.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until beef is done, turn the heat off and stir in the thinly chopped scallions.
- Serve with rice and green vegetables of choice. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 385Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 98mgSodium 856mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 34g