Need a cookie today? Make that a healthy cookie and check out these delicious nourishing easy cookie recipes without flour or refined sugar! Made with simple healthy ingredients like oats, fruit, coconut sugar and dark chocolate these flourless cookies are perfect for kids and adults!
If you’re like me and want to eat better on a daily basis, have one of these for a snack or dessert, whenever you crave something sweet. Believe it or not, the taste won’t suffer at all, these healthy cookie recipes are loved by picky eaters of all ages!
Flourless oatmeal cookies, nutritious no-bake cookies, banana cookies and breakfast cookies – you’ll find everything you need in this collection of healthy treats. You can make most of these cookie recipes in one bowl, within 20 minutes using few ingredients AND they’re all gluten-free.
So, if you’ve got a sweet tooth and know you need a cookie every now and then (or every day) for a quick and easy snack or dessert, pick a recipe and meal prep it for the week ahead. The baked cookies will store well at room temperature for at least 3-4 days and the no-bake cookies will stay good in the fridge for at least a week.
1. No-Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
Soft, melt-in-your-mouth no-bake oatmeal peanut butter cookies that are healthier and full of peanut butter flavor. Seriously, these have the most amazing texture and you don’t even need to bake them. You can throw them together in 10 minutes using peanut butter, maple syrup, oats and dark chocolate, put them in the fridge and enjoy your life. The recipe makes 10 healthy cookies, at 128 calories per cookie.
2. Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
Imagine a blueberry muffin but in the shape of a cookie. This is it! And I’m obsessed with it. These easy blueberry oatmeal cookies make a delicious snack or breakfast! You need seven ingredients that include an egg, vanilla, oats and blueberries, around 15 minutes. You’ll get 10 cookies, each one at 101 calories.
3. Flourless Oatmeal Shortbread Cookies
These healthy shortbread cookies are absolutely divine! The shortbread part is made with almond flour, oats, coconut oil and maple syrup. Then it’s topped with almond butter and chocolate…One of my favorite desserts to snack on currently and due to the layering, it’s a bit more work than the rest of these recipes. The recipe for these flourless cookies will take you around 32 minutes, serves 12 cookies and there are 140 calories per cookie.
4. Flourless Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
These healthier strawberry oatmeal cookies are soft, delicious and super easy to prepare. You’ll make the base using oats, almond flour, coconut sugar, eggs, vanilla and strawberries. Bake it, then top it with a delicious cream cheese frosting and more strawberries. Make sure to keep the strawberry cookies in the fridge, so they stay fresh. Refreshing and perfectly sweet, these cookies are the perfect snack or dessert for strawberry season. You can make them in 20 minutes and you’ll get 8 cookies, at 130 calories per cookie.
5. Healthy No Sugar Banana Cookies
Perfectly sweet, soft, with a beautiful banana and almond flavor, these healthy cookies are made using only 5 ingredients. They make a wonderful healthy everyday treat, but can also be a great option for breakfast too! Ready in about 40 minutes, this healthy cookie recipe serves 10 cookies, with 107 calories per cookie.
6. Flourless Oatmeal Cookies With Chocolate Chunks
Soft and chewy, these homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are flourless and super easy to prepare. You and your kids will love the taste of these – they’re amazing! Made with gluten-free oats, coconut oil, an egg and coconut sugar, these are such a great healthy snack for kids and grown-ups. The recipe takes 20 minutes and serves 9 cookies, with about 148 calories per cookie.
7. 10-Minute Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Cookies
Peanut or almond butter, dark chocolate, roughly chopped nuts, oats and coconut oil are the ingredients you’ll need for these addictive, easy no-bake healthy cookies. These store really well in the fridge and are one of my favorite chocolate desserts. Super versatile too – you can add whatever nuts or seed you like, you can even do some puffed rice or quinoa – whatever your heart desires. The cookie recipe is ready in 8 minutes and serves 16, with 116 calories per cookie.
8. Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
If you love peanut butter cookies, here’s a healthier version that you have to try. Using natural peanut butter, coconut sugar, dark chocolate and oats, these flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies are wholesome and taste SO good. Chewy on the outside, soft on the inside, you have to make them. The recipe is ready in 15 minutes, makes 9 cookies and there are 129 calories per cookie.
9. Flourless Coconut Banana Cookies
If you have the following 5 ingredients – bananas, desiccated coconut, almonds, vanilla and oats, this is your sign to make this healthy cookie recipe! These flourless banana and coconut cookies make the perfect easy no sugar dessert or snack when you’ve got a sweet tooth. You can make the recipe in about 30 minutes and it serves 9 cookies, at 120 calories per cookie.
10. Easy Healthy Brownie Cookies
These magical brownie cookies will disappear in no time! They seem to just melt in your mouth! Ingredients include an egg, cacao powder, dark brown sugar and coconut oil. The cookies are ready in 20 minutes and the recipe serves 10 of them, with 126 calories each.
11. Easy No-Bake Almond Butter Cookies
Some almond butter, toasted cashews, honey or maple syrup and flax meal are the ingredients you need to make these delicious no-bake cookies! They have a rich almond flavor and are ready in about eight minutes. The recipe makes 8 cookies, with 245 calories per cookie, this is one of the more calorie-dense recipes on the list.
12. Easy CHOCOLATE CHUNK Almond Butter Cookies
You’ll need one bowl and 7 wholesome ingredients including almond butter, almond flour and dark chocolate to make this healthy cookie recipe. It’s ready in about 17 minutes (we’re very precise, I know!) and you’ll get 8 cookies at 104 calories per cookie.
13. NO-BAKE Healthy Breakfast Cookies
Cookies for breakfast? Yes, and these are filled with nut butter, chopped nuts, seeds, coconut, honey and oats. You can add in some dried fruit if desired, but I did go for dark chocolate again, probably because I’m addicted, I know – don’t judge. Ready in about 10 minutes, this recipe serves 8 cookies at 116 calories/cookie.
How To Make Healthy Cookies
These are a few simple steps you can take to make your own healthy cookie recipes with whatever you’re craving:
- Use nuts or oats instead of regular flour. Almond flour and oat flour or quick oats are a much healthier, more nutritious option when it comes to baking. Blanched almond flour is lower in carbohydrates, which is great if you need to be watching your carb intake. Oats are richer in fiber and B-vitamins, which makes them a great choice for your daily diet.
- Use high-quality dark chocolate. I usually buy 85% dark chocolate that isn’t overly sweet to use in my cookies and other desserts. Chop it up and throw it into the cookie dough or melt and sprinkle on top. 85% chocolate isn’t completely sugar-free, but it has a much lower sugar content than for example 60% dark chocolate.
- Use dried or fresh fruit to sweeten the cookies. It’s always a good idea to add to your daily servings of fruits and vegetables, even if they come in the shape of cookies. Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, dried cranberries, prunes or bananas are all good options that you can use to make healthier cookies.
- Use coconut oil or good-quality butter in your cookies. Don’t go for ingredients that are rich in artificial and transfats (like margarine) or omega-6s (like sunflower oil).
- Don’t use refined sugar and use less of it. Sugar is sugar, but usually the less refined you go, the better – coconut sugar, date sugar, even maple syrup or honey are some good options here. I personally find a little bit goes a long way.
- Add flavors like vanilla or cinnamon – in their natural form, these are super good for you and come with great health benefits.
More Easy And Healthy Recipes
I hope you got some new snack ideas and try some of these delicious quick healthy cookie recipes. Make sure to check out these links for more healthy and easy recipes:
- 21 Delicious Healthier Desserts
- 10 Easy Healthy Wrap Recipes
- 20+ Quick Healthy Snack Ideas
- 12 Healthy High-Protein Chicken Recipes
Easy Healthy Cookies
Easy healthy cookies - from oatmeal cookie recipes to nutritious no-bake cookies the ideas on this list will satisfy your sweet tooth for sure!
No Bake Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 2/3 cups oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped (around 100g)
- 3 Tbsp chopped nuts
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- In a bowl mix the peanut butter, oats and chopped nuts.
- Melt the dark chocolate and the coconut oil. I did it using the microwave, heating in 30s intervals, mixing in between - it took me 2 times.
- Add the dark chocolate to the peanut butter mixture and mix them until combined.
- Take a Tbsp of this chocolate mixture and place on a baking sheet or a large plate that's been lined up with parchment paper. 1 Tbsp is for 1 cookie. Don't be discouraged if the mixture loses its shape and becomes more of a bark and not that much of a cookie - still tastes great.
- Leave in the fridge for around an hour and then eat some. Store in the fridge in an airtight container (these melt at room temperature).
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 116Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 1mgSodium 45mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 3g
This post was originally published in November 2021 and updated with new recipes and information in November 2022.