You and your kids will love this easy oatmeal banana bread recipe! No flour and no sugar are involved in the making! This simple banana oatmeal bread is healthy, tastes amazing, is full of a beautiful banana flavor and will stay good in the fridge for a few days. It’s the perfect healthy breakfast to make ahead!
Filled with wholesome ingredients like bananas and oats, this flourless banana bread is gluten free, and super quick to throw together. You don’t need a blender – only one bowl and a fork to mix the batter for this nourishing easy banana oatmeal bread.
Healthy Oatmeal Banana Bread Recipe
If you’re in the same situation I find myself in the end of every week, you’d really appreciate this recipe. And the situation is this: 2-3 rotting bananas on my countertop. Way too sweet, a bit mushy and a bit too much of the vodka scent on them to eat as they are.
You know what these senior bananas are great for? They’re perfect to make healthy desserts like this easy flourless banana bread.
easy oatmeal Banana Bread Ingredients
The ingredient list isn’t quite short, but here are the main characters in this healthy banana bread scenario:
- bananas – 2 medium, very ripe bananas make this bread sweet enough and really delicious
- oats – use whole plain quick oats instead of flour
- eggs – we need 2 medium eggs to help the oatmeal banana bread stay together
- butter – you can also use coconut oil if you don’t like butter for some reason, but I love the butter for this recipe
- vanilla and baking soda – the usual baking suspects
How To Make easy healthy Banana Bread
What’s almost as good as how tasty and healthy this banana bread is, is the fact that the batter for this recipe comes together super easily and in no time. You basically put everything into one bowl and then pour it into a loaf pan. Here are the steps broken down:
- Preheat the oven
- Mash the bananas with a fork, they don’t need to be super smooth, especially if you like some banana chunks in the final result
- Add the eggs, mix and then add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix again
- Add the dry ingredients and mix again
- Pour your oatmeal banana bread mixture into a loaf pan (line with parchment paper) and sprinkle some oats on top.
- Bake for around 30 minutes, let cool off a bit and enjoy!
- Add in some of your favorite things: this bread was perfect for me as it was, but you can play around and add nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips – whatever you desire.
- You can also add some cinnamon if you enjoy this flavor!
- For a dairy-free option you can leave out the yogurt and use almond milk or use plant-based yogurt
- Make sure to use gluten free oats if you’re following a gluten free diet
What To Eat With Banana Bread?
As I mentioned, I enjoyed this healthy banana bread with nothing else, but coffee, but you can choose to eat your banana bread with some peanut butter or almond butter, even cream cheese might be good (if you eat dairy of course).
Double The Recipe
This oatmeal banana bread recipe makes 2-3 servings, so if you’d like to make it for the entire week or for a bigger family, adjust the recipe accordingly.
More Easy Banana Recipes To Try:
- 10-Minute Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
- Easy Banana French Toast
- Easy Banana Baked Oats
- Almond Flour Banana Cookies
- 2 old bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Mash the banana, leave some chunks for the batter if you wish.
- Add wet ingredients and mix.
- Add dry ingredients and mix again.
- Put the mixture into a pan and top with oats. You can also add in some nuts or chocolate chunks if desired.
- Bake at 180C/350F for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the banana bread (I would make sure to start checking on the bread after 20 minutes).
- Let cool off, slice and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 341Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 145mgSodium 535mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 6gSugar 11gProtein 11g