This collection of easy breakfast ideas includes recipes with eggs, on-the-go meals, burritos, breakfast sandwiches, pancakes and so much more!
Have you ever wondered why breakfast is the most important meal of the day? It’s not because the other two meals aren’t important, on the contrary, you should eat regular healthy meals. But the one in the morning matters a lot because, after your nightly rest, your body needs some fuel to get going. By eating well-balanced food after waking up, you are boosting your alertness and energy levels, and recharging your batteries.
That’s why, today I’m sharing 35 easy breakfast ideas to choose from! You’ve got enough for a whole month, and a little over, to make quick breakfasts. The breakfast recipes are not only simple to put together, but also healthy for you, and extremely delicious!
What Are The Best Breakfast Ideas For Each Day?
What is your favorite breakfast food? For me, sometimes I wake up craving something sweet, sometimes eggs, sometimes a smoothie (rarely!). Well, whatever you’ve in the mood for, I’m sure it’s included somewhere in the following categories:
- Quick and easy breakfast ideas with eggs
- Quick on-the-go breakfast ideas
- Breakfast burritos, quesadillas, and sandwiches
- 10-minute sweet breakfast ideas
- Make ahead breakfast ideas
Let’s explore these easy breakfast recipes for each of them!
Quick And Easy Breakfast Ideas With Eggs
Eggs are a great source of protein, as well as the vitamins B6, B12, and D. They are also super easy to make so anyone, no matter their cooking expertise, can prepare one of the following recipes for breakfast.
- Mediterranean Breakfast Egg Scramble. Who could refuse scrambled eggs for breakfast? When you add some feta and an array of seasonal vegetables, try this!
- Ham, Egg, And Cheese Breakfast Wraps. Hide your eggs, ham, mushrooms, and cheese in some tortillas. The result? One of the most satisfying meals to have when you wake up hungry!
- The perfect omelet. Who could refuse a good, not to mention the perfect omelet for breakfast?
- Oven Baked Eggs. Bake eggs for breakfast instead of frying or boiling them. With a few simple additions, you can have one of the most scrumptious easy meals in the morning.
- Chorizo And Eggs Breakfast Tacos. You can whip up this flavorful egg recipe as breakfast tacos or serve it in a bowl if you don’t have tortillas on hand.
Quick On-The-Go Breakfast Ideas
Be it smoothies, chia puddings, or overnight oats, these easy grab-and-go breakfast ideas are perfect for busy mornings.
- Healthy Overnight Oats. You must know the basics when it comes to overnight oats. The good news is – “cooking” doesn’t get easier than this! Here you’ll find some great suggestions for flavor combinations.
- 3-Ingredient Healthy Blueberry Smoothie. Blueberries, a banana, and some cashews – that’s all you need to prepare a healthy and delicious smoothie for your busy morning.
- Easy Vanilla Chia Pudding. Soak some chia seeds in milk overnight and add your desired topics for a healthy sweet treat in the morning.
- Green Breakfast Smoothie. Kick off not only your day but also your greens intake with this spinach, banana, and almond butter smoothie.
- Best Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie. If you want to skip the spinach but keep the nut butter and banana, add some yogurt and flax seeds, and treat yourself to this smoothie.
- Savory Oatmeal. Easy breakfast ideas for savory oatmeal may not be as popular, but this one will definitely make you a fan of them. Filled with flavors and great for you, definitely give this oatmeal variation a try!
- The Best Matcha Banana Smoothie Bowl. Tackle your day full of energy thanks to this matcha and dates smoothie bowl.
Breakfast Burritos, Quesadillas, And Sandwiches
These easy breakfast ideas are best for mornings when you wake up with a big appetite and don’t mind spending some time in the kitchen. These recipes include delicious burritos, quesadillas, and sandwiches, which are also great for brunch or even lunch!
- Easy Breakfast Quesadilla. Eggs, spinach, zucchini and even garlic make it into this incredible breakfast quesadilla.
- Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito. Get protein in your first bites for the day without the need for any meat! Just some eggs, beans and veggies, and the magic happens.
- Simple Vegetarian Breakfast Quesadilla. If you don’t want your delicious breakfast falling out of your wraps, simply make it into a quesadilla following this recipe.
- Pesto Panini Recipe. Eat bread in one of the best ways possible – with a tomato, pesto, and olives cheesy panini.
- Healthy Breakfast Toast. You’ll need some canned chickpeas, spinach and artichokes to make this super easy breakfast toast. You can use the filling to make sandwiches as well!
- Healthy Burrito Bowl. Craving a burrito but you’re out of tortillas? Just throw everything in a bowl.
- Healthy Avocado Egg Breakfast Sandwich. I love a good sandwich for breakfast and this one happens to be a favorite – with eggs, pickles, avocado, mozzarella and spinach. It’s SO good!
10-Minute Sweet Breakfast Ideas
If you’ve got 10 minutes and a sweet tooth in the morning – these easy breakfast ideas are what you’re looking for.
- Easy French Toast. A classic, very easy and delicious breakfast the entire family will love.
- 10-Minute Banana French Toast. Another alternative to French toast, this time use some banana in the batter. It’s like a mix bewteen French toast and banana bread. Perfect for when you’ve got some old bananas!
- 10-Minute Sweet Oatmeal Crepes. Grinding oats can make amazing flour which you can use to make even more amazing crepes and enjoy them with your favorite filling.
- Almond Flour Strawberry Vanilla Pancakes. Use almond flour, make pancakes and throw in some chopped strawberries for a sweet fruity surprise in the mixture.
- Healthy Peach Crumble. Level up your regular oats by using them to make a delicious crumble and serve with sauteed or raw peaches and yogurt.
- Healthy Oatmeal Banana Pancakes. Try this recipe and you’ll know why everybody loves these healthy pancakes!
- Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Pancakes. Make your pancakes even more fruity and skip the added sugar!
- No Banana Flourless Oatmeal Pancakes. Well, if you don’t like bananas – make these flourless pancakes! They’re perfectly sweet and ready in 10 minutes!
Make Ahead Breakfast Ideas
If you need to be more organized and prepared for the week, try some of these easy make-ahead breakfast ideas! You’ll find cakes, muffins, and bakes that you can meal prep days ahead and enjoy in the morning or as a treat for the rest of the day.
- Savory Oatmeal Feta Muffins. These easy breakfast muffins are perfect! Just perfect, especially if you love feta and butter. Because those are among the 4 main ingredients. Have them with some cherry tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers on the side or with some fruit if you want something sweeter.
- Healthy Breakfast Banana Cake. Prepare this simple snack cake when you have ripe bananas lying around and enjoy it for several days afterward.
- Oatmeal Plum Crumble. Another way to use oats! Enjoy this with some yogurt for breakfast or with ice cream in the afternoon.
- Easy Healthy Granola Recipe. Bake this granola during the weekend and have it as a topping for your smoothie bowls, chia pudding or mix it with your oats for the next 7 days.
- Make Ahead Healthy Apple Breakfast Cake. This is one of my favorite apple recipes and it’s a kid-friendly snack or breakfast as well! This is proof that apples, cinnamon, oats and honey are a great combination.
- Crustless Tuna Breakfast Quiche. Start your day with a good amount of protein and use tuna and eggs to make this irresistible crustless quiche!
- Healthy Oatmeal Banana Muffins. If you love banana bread, you’ll love these muffins. These are perfect for a quick breakfast and best served with almond or peanut butter on top as well as some fresh berries on the side.
- No-Bake Breakfast Cookies. Do you want to eat cookies but don’t want to bake them? No need to endanger your health and eat the raw mixture, just prepare these egg-free healthy breakfast cookies with nuts, seeds, and dark chocolate.
More Easy Recipes To Try
Well, I truly hope you found a few easy breakfast ideas that you’ll try and love! If you’re looking for other easy recipes to make, check these out:
- Two Weeks Of Super Easy Dinner Ideas
- 11 Easy Broccoli Recipes You Need To Try
- 15 Easy Leftover Chicken Recipes To Make
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 2 tbsp cheese of choice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapenos
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 small gluten free tortillas
- Start preparing the quesadillas for breakfast by mashing the avocado with minced garlic. I know it's the first thing you want to do in the morning. I promise you'll love it.
- Scramble eggs with a little bit of olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Spread the avocado over one half of the tortilla and add an egg on top.
- Sprinkle Parmesan (or other cheese of choice) and jalapenos over the egg. Fold the tortilla in half. Repeat for the other quesadilla as well.
- Toast the folded quesadillas in a greased pan until golden brown on both sides.
- Slice and enjoy immediately or let cool off a bit and pack for the office/ school.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 306Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 177mgSodium 385mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 4gSugar 1gProtein 11g