Dinner can’t get any better than this…we’re talking creamy salmon tortellini in less than 30 minutes. As in tortellini in a creamy sauce with salmon. Such a delicious, comforting and easy pasta recipe! You’ll want to eat this salmon pasta most days of the week.
Creamy Salmon Tortellini
If there’s something I’m always tempted to order at a restaurant it’s pasta or pizza with a white sauce…Pretty sure it’s called something bianca, which is Italian and means, well, white! There’s just something so incredibly amazing about those dishes.
I don’t think this type of creamy salmon pasta is actually made in Italy, especially not with the cream cheese or creme fraiche, but it still tastes pretty amazing to me.
What Are Tortellini And Why Use them?
Tortellini are a type of stuffed pasta – they can be filled with cheese, meat, vegetables or many other different ingredients. You can find tortellini in the refrigerated section in most grocery stores these days.
For this recipe, I used cheese-stuffed tortellini – a personal choice. If you’d like to use the same sauce with another type of pasta – you can do that as well, but you might need to adjust for salt. You can even serve the sauce over zucchini noodles for a keto / low carb version of this recipe, it will also be delicious!
How To Make Creamy Salmon Tortellini
- The first thing you do is chop and prepare all your ingredients – the salmon, the vegetables, the garlic, you want everything to be easily accessible.
- Next, you start cooking the salmon with the tomatoes and some olive oil in a pan. Stir in the cream cheese and add the spices.
- Now that you have this basic sauce, stir in the tortellini and let these cook for 3-4 minutes, or however long mentioned in the package instructions.
- Lastly stir in the garlic and basil, zucchini cook for a minute and stir in the mozzarella cheese.
- Serve immediately with some parmesan cheese if desired!
You’re all done! This delicious pasta dinner doesn’t take long and if you like salmon, you’ll love this too!
- 6 oz / 180g salmon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8oz / 220 g tortellini, refrigerated
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dill, dried
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp mozzarella
- Prepare your vegetables and cut the salmon in bite-sized pieces.
- In a large pan, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil and add the salmon, dill and tomato. Add a tbsp of water and a pinch of salt, cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese, black pepper and add a Tbsp of water (if needed - sometimes tomatoes aren't juicy enough!) to create a creamy sauce.
- Stir in the tortellini pasta and cook in the sauce for 3-4 minutes or however long the package says.
- Lastly, add the garlic, basil, zucchini and stir in the mozzarella cheese.
- Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese on top (if desired!).
If you're using another type of pasta (any kind of dry pasta), make sure to cook before adding to the sauce and add some salt while cooking.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 770Total Fat 42gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 150mgSodium 693mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 41g
You Might Also Like:
- Tomato Basil Couscous With Garlic And Mozzarella
- Easy Creamy Tortellini With Garlic And Broccoli
- 15-Minute Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla