Quick dinner idea? Make this creamy pasta with spinach, garlic and zucchini! It’s vegetarian, delicious, easy and a bit healthy too (there’s spinach in it!!!)
Creamy Pasta With Zucchini And Spinach
Yes, this is another recipe for my favorite thing in the whole world – pasta that is creamy and garlicky. For this one, I used macaroni and do not regret it – this mini pasta cooks fast.
Creamy Pasta Ingredients
To make this creamy pasta you’ll need
- Cream cheese
- Tomato paste
- Macaroni or other pasta
- Olive oil
- 1 Jalapeno, pickled
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
How To Make This Creamy Pasta
To make this vegetarian pasta you’ll need to actually cook your pasta in a separate cooking pot in salted, boiling water.
In a pan, you’ll be making the creamy sauce using cream cheese, garlic, tomato paste, spinach, zucchini and tomatoes. It’s super easy.
Then you add the pasta to the pan and stir until it’s covered with the sauce. Optionally you can also add Parmesan cheese or mozzarella, but I didn’t do it and it was also good.
And that’s it. It’s not the healthiest meal in the world, but it’s got some vegetables in it, so if you’re not on a super strict diet – this is a great, quick dinner recipe. You can also use whole grain pasta to make this even healthier.
Creamy Pasta With Spinach, Garlic and Zucchini
Easy vegetarian creamy pasta with spinach, garlic and zucchini - you can make this tasty pasta dish for dinner in about 20 minutes!
- 2/3 cup macaroni
- 3 heaping tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach
- Salt and black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a cooking pot with salted, boiling water according to package instructions.
- In a non-stick skilled add the cream cheese, tomato paste and 1 garlic clove and 2-3 tbsp water. Stir at medium heat until you get a creamy sauce.
- Stir in the spinach, zucchini, jalapeno and cherry tomatoes - one at a time until all covered with the sauce. Add a few good pinches of salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and the other garlic clove and stir until all the pasta is covered with the sauce. Top with mozzarella or Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 359Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 39mgSodium 843mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 9gSugar 8gProtein 15g