These healthy chocolate peanut clusters have a wonderful peanut-buttery chocolate flavor and a nice crunch thanks to those roasted peanuts. Made with only 3 ingredients – dark chocolate, salted roasted peanuts and peanut butter, this easy peanut clusters recipe is the perfect healthy snack idea or holiday dessert for peanut butter and chocolate lovers.
They seriously taste like candy but are so so easy to make in almost no time, it’s pretty unbelievable. I wouldn’t believe it if I hadn’t made them myself. This recipe is vegan and gluten-free and makes the perfect treat to make for Christmas, since they require no baking, and look and taste great.
3-Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Clusters
These delicious no-bake peanut clusters are proof that you don’t need a ton of ingredients to make a great holiday dessert. Just these 3:
- Roasted salted peanuts. Since I couldn’t find unsalted peanuts at the grocery store last time, I just bought a bag of salted roasted peanuts. Turns out, since they already have the salt on them – they’re perfect for this chocolate recipe. The flavors truly pop when you use already salted peanuts.
- Dark chocolate. I love my dark chocolate! I actually love it so much, I used to be addicted to the 90% Lindt dark chocolate. Now I use whatever I can get my hands on – something above 70%, I prefer 85%. If you don’t care about how “healthy” the peanut clusters are, you can go with whichever type of chocolate you love. If you do want to make them healthier – use above 70% cocoa dark chocolate.
- Peanut butter. I used natural peanut butter with just peanuts and some salt in it, but again- – go for whatever type/brand you have or trust.
And that’s the three ingredients you need for this delicious chocolate recipe, now it’s time to make it!
How To Make Chocolate Peanut Clusters
Easy! All you need to do is:
- Melt dark chocolate. Or you know whichever type of chocolate you want to use. To melt the chocolate, you will chop the chocolate and heat it up either in the microwave or in hot water. I usually use the microwave and heat the chocolate in 30s intervals (about 2 intervals). Another way to melt chocolate is with a hot bath (pretty sure that’s not the proper term, but let’s just go with it). So, you fill a small heat-resistant bowl with chopped chocolate or chocolate chips and leave the bowl in a bigger bowl or pot filled with hot water. Then cover for 7-8 minutes or until the chocolate is melty. The hot water should not come in touch with the chocolate, so don’t overfill.
- Stir in peanut butter. Once the dark chocolate has started to melt and has softened, stir it to melt completely. Then add in the peanut butter and stir again, until the peanut butter is unrecognizable. Where did it go? Did it turn into air? No, it’s inside the melted dark chocolate. Now they’re inseparable forever.
- Add in the peanuts. Let the peanuts do some scuba diving into the melted peanut butter chocolate and mix mix mix.
- Make the clusters. Line a plate or a cookie sheet with parchment paper and using a tablespoon drop the chocolate mixture on there. Try to make the clusters as identical as possible, at least if you need them to look good. They will taste good either way.
- We’re almost there! Now that you have all your peanut clusters lined up, you need to firm them up. So, expose them to some tough weather conditions – place in the fridge for about an hour. It’s the only way they will get firm.
And that’s it! You’ve just made a batch of delicious healthy chocolate peanut clusters!
How To Store
Store the chocolate peanut clusters in a closed airtight container in the fridge. Stored properly, this healthy treat will be good for at least a week.
Can You Freeze Them?
Yes, you can! In fact, if you make a bigger batch this is probably what you want to do. Frozen peanut clusters can last for months in the freezer. Whenever I have some in the freezer, I’d just get as many as I think I want to eat, leave them at room temperature for about 2-3 minutes to defrost and then eat.
More Healthy Chocolate Treats:
I hope you enjoy this easy chocolate peanut clusters recipe and the results! For more healthy chocolate recipes, make sure to check these out:
Chocolate Peanut Clusters
These healthy chocolate peanut clusters are made with only 3 ingredients – dark chocolate, salted roasted peanuts and peanut butter, and make an easy healthy snack idea or holiday dessert for peanut butter and chocolate lovers.
- 2/3 cup chocolate
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 4 tsp peanut butter
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave in 30s intervals. (about 1 minute)
- Stir in the peanut butter and add in the peanuts, stirring until well combined
- Spoon the mixture onto a plate or baking sheet lined with parchment paper, trying to make the peanut clusters as identical as possible.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour!
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 132Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 2mgSodium 66mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 4g